• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Heeeeeeeere...we go!

Welcome to the forum! We encourage you to go the Introductions Thread to tell the rest of us in this here community a little bit about yourself.

All of the states touching Maryland are generally about an hour away. Find a gun show out of state that you want to go to and buy all the the 10+ mags you want. Don't waste your money for pinned mags, except for specific hunting regs you wish to follow.

Keep in mind you will not be able to bring any of these back for anyone else here in MD. Everyone who obtains these mags out of state must do so in person.

Enjoy your shopping!

Virginia is less than ten minutes.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Rack's point was to the effect that from any location * within* Md , is within aprox 1hr of neighboring state .

I will observe that for an area of aprox Glen Burnie , that would have to be ammended to " 2am on a weekend , without any night highway construction projects " .

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Contact Hogsniper at High Rock Outfitters, he's in Hanover PA and will order whatever you want. When your mags come in, take a drive up to Hanover.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    To my knowledge (IANAL) you can order standard or large capacity magazines and have them shipped to a friend or relative's house outside of MD. However you must:
    1. Place the order/pay for them while you are outside of Maryland because it is illegal to purchase them in Maryland as well.
    2. Personally go and pick them up yourself once they arrive.

I live a mile on the wrong side of the Mason Dixon line but I am in PA just about evey day. I ordered standard capacity magazines (while in PA) and had them shipped to my buddy's house in PA, he let me know when they arrived and I picked them up on the way home from work one day.

Umm, we can disagree about point #1. If I place an order online, where does "purchase" occur?

Personally, I would never buy magazines of greater than 10 rounds anywhere. My Maryland guardians have decided I do not need them.

Ports

Aug 11, 2014
    Buy them online and have them shipped to a friend you visit on occasion in a neighboring state. Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy!

Not sure from where the previous post about being out of state when you buy online comes. I am unaware of any definition of P.O.P location when buying on-line. For me that line of thinking goes hand-in-hand with the internet tax question. If I purchase on-line from someone out of my state, if they charge tax, which state tax do they charge and how is my home state going to enforce its own tax rate on a citizen in another state? Some Legal Food for Thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Buy them online and have them shipped to a friend you visit on occasion in a neighboring state. Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy!

Not sure from where the previous post about being out of state when you buy online comes. I am unaware of any definition of P.O.P location when buying on-line. For me that line of thinking goes hand-in-hand with the internet tax question. If I purchase on-line from someone out of my state, if they charge tax, which state tax do they charge and how is my home state going to enforce its own tax rate on a citizen in another state? Some Legal Food for Thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because Maryland has made legal noises to shops selling firearms who may be shipping mags to friends or family out of state while the firearm itself comes to a MD FFL. The apparent implication is the onlibw order came from within MD. A seemingly gray area, to be sure. But most of us dont feel our pockets are deep enough to fight about it because even if you win, you lose. It's much better to stay out of the gray and hope for the best with (and support) lawsuits already trying to address the issues at hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom