• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Update
    I called his office today at 10:32am a young lady answered the phone.. asked to speak to someone on the staff about finding out where he stood. I was told that the Chief to staff ,who's name is Samantha, was busy writing testimony for tomorrow when I asked to speak to her. I was not told what kind of testimony since he is sponsoring 4 bills. She is the one I told about the sign in trouble with MCP and she is also the one I gave the web page address to about the recordings of the review board. If for some reason i do not make it tomorrow please use this info that I gave to her if she should say they did not receive the web page info about the recordings and the trouble with MCP about having us sign in at the board meetings which is against the MD Open meetings law...I gave them my cell number and asked that she call me back as well. Will update on that.

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    Anyone know where to find contact info on your representatives or know the info for whomever has Montgomery county?

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    Thank you. I’m going to do more after work. Worried about doing anything political while at work as I’m a federal employee. But this is some shit. They need to repeal the ban on them as is. Even commiefornia did.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Sponsor of each and every Bill testifies to the respective Committee about their Bill , such things as the nature of the need for it , how the Bill would ( do good things for the state ) , the way it is written , head off potential objections , answer questions from the Committee . Etc

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You can be sure MCDoug that any mistatements of Fact by the Sponsor, or those testifying in favor ( see below ) will be addressed by someone testifying in opposition.

But it is always better to have more people on our side testifying than fewer . Gives more testimony time to address each point , each person can emphasize a different point , each one of us will filter ourselves through our unique experiences , and say it in our own way .

In sequence , the Sponsor of a Bill goes first . Then those testifying in Favor . Only after all in Favor finish , do those in Opposition speak .

If there are Panels for either side , And IF the Committee Chair decides to allow Panels , the Panels for the respective position will go first , and Individuals afterwards.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Chairman Zirkin has stated in his opening remarks for each of the hearings we have been at to date that he is not permitting panels this year, other than an occasional sponsor panel.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I just don't get the lawmakers that propose magazine bans. The need to come out and say...I'm not going to do anything about preventing violence, I'm just interested in making sure that a killer only kills 8 or 9 instead of 17.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not even that GolfR .

I have frequently made the point that Miscreants meaning to ( shoot up people & stuff ) on purpose, can :

Bring a sack full of 10rd clipazines
    Bring multiple guns on their person, or in their ride.
    Bring their assocates , with their own guns

Conversely, it is the GG or Gal who upon hearing glass breaking , or door being kicked in , who is likely to have to respond with only their jammies , and whats loaded in their trusty home defense firearm .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom