• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Insane as this sounds, this is EXACTLY the gun I've been looking for from Glock. If they had an MOS version, I'd buy it tomorrow. I like guns with short slides, but I also like having a nice big grip. Yeah, that's backwards for concealed carry... I don't concealed carry, so I don't care.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I love this idea but think it's to late in the game for a massive profit. The 17 grip is the perfect size for most male police officers but the slide is a little long for carry. The extra rounds is IMHO a huge LEO selling point. For those that carry full sized guns this is the perfect weapon platform for duty and CCW (For the full sized CCWers in the profession). Had this come out 10-15 years ago I think it would have made more of a splash.

If I carried a full size I'd be all over this.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    so it's a 'commander' glock. agree with above that the slide is the easy part to conceal. but nothing at all is wrong with giving people different options.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Insane as this sounds, this is EXACTLY the gun I've been looking for from Glock. If they had an MOS version, I'd buy it tomorrow. I like guns with short slides, but I also like having a nice big grip. Yeah, that's backwards for concealed carry... I don't concealed carry, so I don't care.

Same here, glad to see it being produced. Contrary to all the 17 slide/19 frame naysayers. This will be my next Glock, oh I hate the handgun roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I love this idea but think it's to late in the game for a massive profit.
    Funny thing is, they did the exact opposite of what people were asking for. The CC crowd wants a Glock 19L, with the shorter grip and longer slide. This gun - which is basically the Glock 17K - would be perfect for carry optics (don't need the longer slide for sight radius), but they didn't come out with an MOS version. Makes you wonder what their marketing department is thinking, but maybe there was a contract involved.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Funny thing is, they did the exact opposite of what people were asking for. The CC crowd wants a Glock 19L, with the shorter grip and longer slide. This gun - which is basically the Glock 17K - would be perfect for carry optics (don't need the longer slide for sight radius), but they didn't come out with an MOS version. Makes you wonder what their marketing department is thinking, but maybe there was a contract involved.

I wouldn't be surprised. I see this as the perfect duty gun.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Reading that this is glock trying to recoup its losses from the MHS loss. This was basically what they tried to sell the army (minus the manual safety)

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Hmmm

They are trying to pull an Apple. Making slights changes, selling as a new product knowing a certain member here must have it :innocent0

J/K

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I don't particularly see the reason for this, BUT, it's a Glock so of course, I will get one. Can't wait to pick up my Gen 5 G17 & G19 tomorrow!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom