• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • National Reciprocity: Good Constitutional Idea or Bad UnConstitution Idea

• Total voters

Sev

"Vern"
    Mar 18, 2010
    formerly silver spring
    A government that is strong enough to give us what we want is strong enough to take it all away.... or a quote that goes something like that is the first thing that popped into my head

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    A government that is strong enough to give us what we want is strong enough to take it all away.... or a quote that goes something like that is the first thing that popped into my head

Agreed -- I think most states are doing a better job at protecting 2A rights than the federal government would. A national reciprocity bill would put the rights of travelling gun owners completely at the mercy of the President and Congress. A lot can change in four years, and not always for the better.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    You left out "Yes, I stopped beating my wife." and "No, I haven't stopped beating my wife."

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    the questions are a little slanted aren't they?

pick one

i think we should keep guns away from criminals and crazies
    or
    i think we should give bullet hoses to gang members

:D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My selection isn't there:

I believe the federal government SHOULD pass a national reciprocity bill......I do NOT trust the federal government to safeguard anything.

It is a good first step. Our fight shouldn't end there.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    There's no option for non-MD residents who support national reciprocity.

Also, somehow some people think this is a hostile Federal takeover of the 2A. Maybe FOPA should be repealed as well, since it's obviously taken away our 2A rights.
    No special Federal reciprocity department will be created, and no money will be flushed down the tubes as a result of this. It'll simply be a defense if a law abiding citizen(w/ a permit) chooses to travel into another state.

gdubyacobb

Mar 6, 2009
    Patagonia Arizona
    I didn't vote because I didn't agree with the answers.
    National Reciprocity doesn't put the power to control the right to carry in the hands of the feds, it says every state must honor a permit issued by other states. Again, same as a drivers license.
    No one is saying the feds should be the only ones issuing permits.
    And I for one, even though I live in AZ now, do not agree with constitutional carry.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I didn't vote because I didn't agree with the answers.
    National Reciprocity doesn't put the power to control the right to carry in the hands of the feds, it says every state must honor a permit issued by other states. Again, same as a drivers license.
    No one is saying the feds should be the only ones issuing permits.
    And I for one, even though I live in AZ now, do not agree with constitutional carry.

I understand.

First of all the Feds don't have/never have had any involvement in DL Reciprocity so why should we allow them to have involvement in CCW...and furthermore where in the US Constitution were they granted the power to do so....quite simply they were not.

Second, since when has the Fed Gov failed to expand upon a power once given,....what leads you to believe that this won't lead to a National CCW, National Registration of CCW. All States and the Fed having a list of ALL CCW holders, Release of personal info as many states have and National Rules governing where you can carry and what MANNER you can carry in.

Quite simply its a train wreck in the making.

If you believe otherwise please demonstrate why none of the above will happen when its happened with just about everything else the Fed Gov has ever taken over the power to regulate.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    I agree with those saying this is a bullchit poll designed to get the result the OP wants. Maybe we should change the OP's name to MSNJP.

See, I can do it too:

Question:
    You're not doing anything illegal are you? So you don't mind if I search your car?

Answer (Choose only one):
    A) Yes
    B) No

:sign03:

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I agree with those saying this is a bullchit poll designed to get the result the OP wants. Maybe we should change the OP's name to MSNJP.

See, I can do it too:

Question:
    You're not doing anything illegal are you? So you don't mind if I search your car?

Answer (Choose only one):
    A) Yes
    B) No

:sign03:

If you don't like it quite whining and start a new poll.

Do us all a favor and instead of always posting complaints and popcorn posts do something constructive that actually promotes 2A, Liberty, Freedom and Constitutional Government.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    What's wrong MSNJP? Can't handle a little constructive criticism? I do believe you said just the thing that applies here:
    do me a favor and stop sending me your insulting little PM's. If you can't take the heat and follow the argument then get out of the kitchen.
    (emphasis added)

It's not my poll. You want it done right I suggest you research how to write polling questions & answers and redo it yourself. But you won't because you're not interested in what anyone thinks. You're interested in furthering your own agenda. You're not fooling anyone but yourself.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    What's wrong MSNJP? Can't handle a little constructive criticism? I do believe you said just the thing that applies here:(emphasis added)

Oreo, the problem is that you never post anything that can in any way shape or form be construed as being Pro 2A, Pro Liberty or Pro Freedom.

Seriously, if you don't like the poll or think you could produce one that is better then start your own.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    Whambulance.jpg

Oreo, the problem is that you never post anything that can in any way shape or form be construed as being Pro 2A, Pro Liberty or Pro Freedom.

Seriously, if you don't like the poll or think you could produce one that is better then start your own.
    We covered this already. The feeling is mutual. Remember?

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    We covered this already. The feeling is mutual. Remember?

The difference between you and I is that you post feelings and I post FACTS to support my arguments and positions on issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom