• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.
    Tell me if you think I got a good deal today at Arundel firearms and pawn. I got a sporterized 1903 A3 for 180 bucks.
    23737852_10210147992566055_3402715951525411859_o.jpg

24068545_10210148010366500_2301241908634499934_o.jpg

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Dangit if you didn't just post that LITERALLY at the same time as my rant! Ha! Neat find! I've been wanting to buy my first, and I know nothing of the value of these, but I probably would have paid the same amount for that piece. Can't wait to hear how she shoots! --JB

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Great deal, I bought one similar in 1980ish for 150.00. Wished I kept it. 2 groove rifling (probably like yours) but they shoot just as well as the 4 groove. The rear sight alone is a easy 70 bucks.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Well, they probably just cobbled what ever they had to get a decent rifle out of it and now it's yours to enjoy.
    Look at the third lug on the bottom of the bolt and see if there is any numbers/letters on it.
    If you don't see anything there look underneath the root of the bolt handle.
    The earlier bolts were selected because they ran smoother, which is what it looks like you have as best I can tell from the pictures.

Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.
    Well, they probably just cobbled what ever they had to get a decent rifle out of it and now it's yours to enjoy.
    Look at the third lug on the bottom of the bolt and see if there is any numbers/letters on it.
    The earlier bolts were selected because they ran smoother, which is what it looks like you have as best I can tell from the pictures.

I'll look and let you know

Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.

I couldn't find any

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom