• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major03

Ultimate Member
    From the article

"Rather than rely on marksmanship, the AR-15 used rapid fire. The lightweight rifle maximized its kill rate by raking enemy soldiers with high velocity rounds." Oh really? This is so much BS I don't even know where to start...

and...

"On a dark day in 1989, the public awoke to the notion that a civilian could own semi-automatic rifles." Making it seem like self loading rifle technology is new, and therefore a departure from the norm of the peaceful America we used to live in. Get rid of the new technology, and we can go back to the mythical era of a peaceful and safe America.

No mistake...this is a set up piece for a push towards confiscation of semi-autos. After that, it'll be "sniper" rifles...so anything with a scope or the ability to easily mount a "high power" scope. And then it'll be the next thing they can demonize...probably lever guns. And on and on.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    This is the worst gun article in the history of gun articles, possibly ever (except for USA Today's hilariously bad article, of course).

I am 100% sure CNN knows absolutely nothing about firearms. They confused a HK G3 for an AR, called a .223 a "smaller, faster bullet" (something that's completely subjective and misleading), only point out certain parts of the firearm (not ones that actually make it work), and how literally everything in the world is the President's fault. CNN has the credibility of the National Enquirer on the best of days and of an Archie comic on the average day.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    http://www.shootingtracker.com

They can't have it both ways. The media and anti-gunners define a "mass shooting" as anytime 4 or more people are shot. Soooo... This includes mostly gang fighting in the cities. However they use the numbers of mass shootings to try to make events like Sandy hook seem more common than they are in actuality.

If they are using the "four or more shot at a time" definition, then the ar is by no means the favorite weapon among mass shooters. It's unquestionably going to be handguns.
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/table-12

Very astute observation...for those who actually care about facts.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    After that, it'll be "sniper" rifles...so anything with a scope or the ability to easily mount a "high power" scope.

Back in the late 1980s or early 1990s there was some (admittedly small) political movement toward banning any "sniper rifle" which was defined as any rifle which could accept a telescopic sight (sniper scope)...in legal language...any rifle which could be "made, remade or modified" to accept such a device.

Now that simply applies to any rifle or carbine ever made. Thankfully it went nowhere but don't think for a second that it's still not in some anti-gun politician's box of go-to proposals if he or she sees the opportunity.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Lefty nightmare device for 2017.... The sexual assault rifle...

28008a9720f435ac29574166033be1f7.gif

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Back in the late 1980s or early 1990s there was some (admittedly small) political movement toward banning any "sniper rifle" which was defined as any rifle which could accept a telescopic sight (sniper scope)...in legal language...any rifle which could be "made, remade or modified" to accept such a device.

Now that simply applies to any rifle or carbine ever made. Thankfully it went nowhere but don't think for a second that it's still not in some anti-gun politician's box of go-to proposals if he or she sees the opportunity.
    I remember this and it pissed me off! I had just joined the military and was looking forward to building my collection.....starting with a Remington Model 70 "sniper rifle", built by Iron Brigade Armory.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom