• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    There is much written about SMLE's. Their history and their variants fill books. And there are plenty of opinions out there about them. Without a doubt SMLE's are an acquired taste.

I found this video to be very informative on their history and development. If it's been posted before, my apologies. But it's worth watching...

The video also is a reminder to me I need to get my Enfields to the range much more often. And, I'll need to dig out the stripper clips I've had on hand for several years and never used. :o

4570 and I chatted about SMLE's this evening. Don't be surprised when a bunch more .303 British ammo starts going bang at a Hooligan shoot real soon!

As "fugly" as SMLE's may be, they are dayum good shootin' rifles.

Gotta love 'em...

:)

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I liked it overall, I do think I recall reading somewhere the Aussies were still using the SMLE during the time they were in Viet Nam. Maybe just reservists or on an occasional/rear area unit. Did like the rapid fire method he used while prone by holding the bolt and using the middle finger for the trigger.

chino101

Jan 12, 2011
    Thanks for sharing. I've always had a fondness for the Lee Enfield since having shot one for the first time back in '04. The recoil felt more like a push rather than a sharp kick.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I like that guy he has some good videos. C&Rsenal has great in depth videos on long Lees and short magazine Lee Enfields as well

C&Rsenal is an absolute blessing for us collectors. The work they put into those videos is awesome, I really enjoy the gunsmithing Anvil videos too. That gunsmith guy is a bit of a goof and I see people in the comments giving him crap for how he does certain things, but he impresses the hell out of me.

Still waiting on that Mosin episode....

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    C&Rsenal is an absolute blessing for us collectors. The work they put into those videos is awesome, I really enjoy the gunsmithing Anvil videos too. That gunsmith guy is a bit of a goof and I see people in the comments giving him crap for how he does certain things, but he impresses the hell out of me.

Still waiting on that Mosin episode....

Yeah mosin should be a good episode, did you see the most recent anvil (022)? They got something really cool.

Having some experience in a machine shop I would do somethings a little different but he's a gunsmith not a machinist and he always gets the job done and does it right, definitely impressed with that series

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Yeah mosin should be a good episode, did you see the most recent anvil (022)? They got something really cool.

Having some experience in a machine shop I would do somethings a little different but he's a gunsmith not a machinist and he always gets the job done and does it right, definitely impressed with that series

Yeah, looking forward to the full episode on that. I'm a Patreon donor so they teased it on there several weeks ago. Looks like they have it running

I would love to have the room to get a lathe and a mill. I work at a power plant on night shift and could get the machine shop guys to teach me on our down time but I just don't have the room for one.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Yeah, looking forward to the full episode on that. I'm a Patreon donor so they teased it on there several weeks ago. Looks like they have it running

I would love to have the room to get a lathe and a mill. I work at a power plant on night shift and could get the machine shop guys to teach me on our down time but I just don't have the room for one.

Nice, I haven't done any patreon yet but them, forgotten weapons and the great war are on the top of my list.

Same, I barely have room for my reloading set up much less any real tools. That would be a good way to spend some down time, learn as much as you can from guys who really know what they're doing. I sure miss having access to a good shop with experienced guys

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Nice, I haven't done any patreon yet but them, forgotten weapons and the great war are on the top of my list.

Same, I barely have room for my reloading set up much less any real tools. That would be a good way to spend some down time, learn as much as you can from guys who really know what they're doing. I sure miss having access to a good shop with experienced guys

Back before I started there 10 years ago, you could bring stuff in from home and work on it in the machine shop. I've had them do a few small jobs for me that I couldn't do at home. I have a decent setup since I am able to dedicate a decent sized room to reloading and gunsmithing, but a drill press is about the largest tool I have.

I really enjoy InRange TV with Ian from Forgotten Weapons and a guy named Karl. Military Arms Channel and IV8888 are fun as well. I've been watching IV8888 since he was doing cell phone vids in his garage, he's done really well from what he started as.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Back before I started there 10 years ago, you could bring stuff in from home and work on it in the machine shop. I've had them do a few small jobs for me that I couldn't do at home. I have a decent setup since I am able to dedicate a decent sized room to reloading and gunsmithing, but a drill press is about the largest tool I have.

I really enjoy InRange TV with Ian from Forgotten Weapons and a guy named Karl. Military Arms Channel and IV8888 are fun as well. I've been watching IV8888 since he was doing cell phone vids in his garage, he's done really well from what he started as.

That's nice, one day when I get some more room or a garage I'll be able to actually take on some projects.

I like inrange and MAC as well, especially the 2g acm matches they do in historical gear, always entertaining. IV does have a lot of good reloading content I find helpful from time to time

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    That's nice, one day when I get some more room or a garage I'll be able to actually take on some projects.

I like inrange and MAC as well, especially the 2g acm matches they do in historical gear, always entertaining. IV does have a lot of good reloading content I find helpful from time to time
    Yeah those matches they do are fun to watch. I would love a place like that to shoot

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom