• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Unless their state law prohibits selling to other states (some states only allow sales to continuous states), there should be no problem as long as it's a Maryland legal long gun. If they have questions, bring up Maryland law on your smartphone (if you have one) or their computer and show them the MSP list of prohibited and legal long guns. You can carry the rifle out with you if you are physically in the store.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    You might (should) go to one of the IPs.

PM HogSniper of HighRock Outfitters with your needs. He seems more than happy to take that dirty Maryland money, that others eschew, for legitimate transactions.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I know if I buy an AR online it has to be transferred to a Maryland FFL. But can I buy a MD legal AR physically out of state and bring in back?

you have to purchase from an FFL if out of state.
    YOu can not purchase from an individual if they are not MD resident and transfer done in the state.

As mentioned, many IPs here have good deals worth getting. Not all the IPs, just some.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    I am thinking along the lines of LSD (Lower Slower Delaware). My thinking is they should be a bit familiar with the Politicians Republic of Maryland rules. And I should be able to accept the greater than 10 round magazine.

Wrong Grasshopper!

You might (should) go to one of the IPs.

PM HogSniper of HighRock Outfitters with your needs. He seems more than happy to take that dirty Maryland money, that others eschew, for legitimate transactions.

This!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    How much of a discount is worth it to buy on the internet?

I want to see, hold, and inspect the actual rifle I am buying before deciding to purchase.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Props to Hog Sniper.

Depending on one's location , Precision also facilitates such thing .

Jan 25, 2017
    I know if I buy an AR online it has to be transferred to a Maryland FFL. But can I buy a MD legal AR physically out of state and bring in back?

Yes you can as long as it is not prohibited in the state from which you are purchasing it, and it must also be legal in the state of your residence.

Here's some text:

"Contiguous State The “contiguous state” provisions of the Gun Control Act (GCA) generally permit unlicensed purchasers to acquire long guns from Federal firearms licensees (FFLs) located in a State contiguous to the State in which the purchaser resides if (1) the purchaser’s State of residence permitted such sale and (2) the sale fully complied with the legal conditions of sale in both such contiguous states. This provision of the GCA was amended in 1986 to allow FFLs to sell or dispose of long guns to residents of any other state (not just contiguous states) provided: 1. the transferee meets in person with the FFL to accomplish the transfer; and 2. the sale, delivery and receipt fully comply with the legal conditions of sale in the buyer’s and seller’s States. A number of States patterned their laws after the original provision of the GCA that allows nonresidents to purchase long guns from FFLs only in contiguous states. Many of those States have not revised their laws to reflect the 1986 amendments to the GCA that allow over-the-counter sales of long guns to residents of any State, as outlined above. This has caused confusion among FFLs, who often read such “contiguous state” State laws as prohibiting sales to residents of noncontiguous states. ATF does not read State laws that refer to “contiguous states” as prohibiting sales of long guns to residents of noncontiguous states unless the language contained in that State’s law expressly prohibits residents from acquiring firearms outside that State. Thus, if the language in the State laws authorizes sales of long guns to residents of contiguous states, that State law also authorizes the sale of long guns to residents of all other states"

Sourced from here: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/n...s-licensees-newsletter-february-2011/download

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I disagree with that from Wikipedia.

SOME states have laws written that permit their residents to ONLY purchase in contiguous states.

This came up a while ago, as someone mentioned that the law in their state had just be changed to remove this provision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom