• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Many here are aware of the smokin hot deal currently going on with the TC Compass. After rebate, they can be had for $200, and <$300 with a Vortex scope.
    Buyer Beware- I read articles and watched multiple videos about The Compass. The recurring gripe was the lack of LocTite on the threads and bolts coming loose on the receiver and the bases. I just checked mine and the stock to receiver bolts were barely snug- I'm talking 2-3ft/lbs. The (included) sight bases were snug, but not as tight as they should have been. I removed all of them, added low strength/purple LocTite and torqued them back down "by feel".
    I highly recommend any buyers spend 15 minutes and do the same before going to the range for sight in.

Last edited:
    OP here...
    I just scared myself second guessing that I have a plastic stock and high strength thread locker. Original post has been edited.
    I used Harbor Fright #22, low strength thread locker (Their version of "Purple"). I didn't want anything permanent, but didn't want the bolts coming loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom