• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So, anyone had a chance to use the LaserLyte laser training cartridges? We just had our (first) kid, and getting to the range has been harder for me and almost impossible for my wife. Something like the laser training cartridge to aid dry-fire practice seems very appealing. But, of course, if there's some compelling reason they're a bad idea, I'd like to hear about it first.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    So, anyone had a chance to use the LaserLyte laser training cartridges? We just had our (first) kid, and getting to the range has been harder for me and almost impossible for my wife. Something like the laser training cartridge to aid dry-fire practice seems very appealing. But, of course, if there's some compelling reason they're a bad idea, I'd like to hear about it first.
    Wondering the same thing myself.

tover26

EricinMaryland
    Jul 6, 2009
    MO County
    Ah, I'll post. Save your money. I was thinking the EXACT same thing you are. Why not? Get a nice laser dot on trigger pull.

In a completely dark room, you'll be able to see the laser. It lasts so short that you have to be really paying attention to even see it. In my XD Sub, the laser doesn't get triggered at all. In my full size 9mm Sig 226, I get a faint laser dot. If there's any ambient lighting at all, you probably won't be able to see the laser. If you're more than 15' from what you're aiming at... same. And the batteries die very quickly unless you remove them between use.

I bought 2 of these kits thinking I'd play with them. The 1st kit sucked ass so I never opened the 2nd. I thought I'd return it, but time got away from me. If you're gungho to try it out, PM me and I'll sell you a brand new unopened one of these.

Fideo

Aug 27, 2009
    NoVA
    I have the LaserLyte Cartridge in 9mm. I have used it for dry fire practice for a few months now. It has worked well both for aimed practice while diagnosing trigger control and with reactive aiming practice. I have no issues seeing the illumination in a well lit room. Lighter surfaces are of course easier to see, but be careful of reflective services.

They are a little expensive for what they are, but I have used mine for a lot of dryfire practice in my CZ P-01, Kahr MK9, and in a PF-9. With the Kahr I wasn't getting proper illumination on every trigger pull. Backing the threaded assembly a part slightly fixed this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom