• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    voicers@nydailynews.com

Concerning your recent story about the Parkland school shooting

I don't think anyone will disagree that what happened was a tragedy. I am writing today to comment about what passes for reporting these days, specifically:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...old-cops-demons-forced-kill-article-1.3823837

" bloodthirsty", "twisted", "grisly" - WHOA! Did my cats step on the remote again and throw me into a LAW&ORDER marathon?

"according to a (un-referenced) report"
    "The (vaguely referenced) sources described"
    "A (un-named} white supremacist militia claimed" - would that have been the "I pulled it out of my tail" militia? While white supremacists tend to not be the sharpest pencils in the jar, one telling the press "oh yeah, he's one of ours - come hate on us" seems just a tad out of character. Were any blacks or jews killed or wounded?

"due to Florida's lax gun laws " And what are Florida's gun laws? I could easily be mistaken, but I thought it was illegal under federal law for anyone under the age of 21 to purchase or possess a pistol or "assault weapon"(sic).

They say a picture says 1.000 words. Lets look at his Instagram pics you decided to post:

The first has him holding a pistol and looking evil. Did you notice the red tip on the barrel? That means it's a toy, probably a squirt gun.

Ever played "which one of these items doesn't belong?" Look at the pic of his "arsenal". Excluding the hunting rifle, worth maybe $300+, we've got a pellet gun (the pistol), 2 - .410 shotguns, a .22 bolt action rifle - all worth in the $50-150 range and then a cherried out AR-15 worth $1,400+.

Then a pic of a *wood* target with 8-12 bullet holes in it. Guess he does not shoot much.

Finally, a pic of his hand holding a brick of 150 rounds of AR chow. Each worth 50 cents.

So a 19yo HS dropout with ~$3,000+ in guns, ammo and accessories. Whats wrong with this picture? Where did he get the money?

It's pretty clear he was/is mentally ill. Why is no one talking about the close to 100% correlation between psych drugs and mass shootings?

This article was not reporting. It was propaganda!

Dare ya to publish this!

tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    Addendum:

Should I have turned this into my English 101 class, it would have been returned covered in red ink and with a circled F- on the top.

How did this guy ever get hired as a "reporter"?

Are not standard journalistic practices to verify every fact with 2 sources? Oh, that's right. You use the National Inquirer and Onion Journalistic guide...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom