• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davlan1879

MDS Supporter
    Jan 21, 2017
    Does anyone know if you need to be a member to shoot at AGC and if not the cost?

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I belong to Southern Lancaster County Farmers-Sportsman Association Range in/near Buck PA. I like it there, everyone is nice.

JamesCanby

Apr 5, 2011
    Alexandria, VA
    You have to be a member of one of the 32 clubs that make up the association, get that club's safety orientation at the AGC Range, and then you can purchase a Range Badge. The "Become a member" link on the website, associatedgunclubs.org, can help you step through the process of finding the right club for your particular shooting interests.

Adenosine

Sep 20, 2016
    Indoor: Silver Eagle Group in Ashburn, VA. 50-yard indoor range, allows holster draws and rapid fire, friendly, well-lit and -ventilated, array of rentals, decent pro shop, reasonably priced. Their hours are a little weird, though; it works for me because I go after work, but may not work for you. (NRA and Elite are also both very nice; Blue Ridge is fine but not as sexy.)

Outdoor: Thurmont. 300-yard rifle range and a gajillion action pistol bays. And such a pretty environment.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Bit of a drive but still my favorite range. I just bought some new steel targets so I am planning to make something to hang them from soon. Also have a clay thrower on other side of those tables.

Attachments

• 20171104_094646.jpg
      20171104_094646.jpg
      116.2 KB · Views: 476
    • 20171104_094702.jpg
      20171104_094702.jpg
      123.7 KB · Views: 490
    • 20171104_131528.jpg
      20171104_131528.jpg
      115.7 KB · Views: 473

davlan1879

MDS Supporter
    Jan 21, 2017
    Thank you for the information on the cost. It's a little bit more of a ride but, makes me really appreciate the $60 it cost a year at Delta Peach Bottom.

MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    I’m a member at AGC, and happy to have anyone as a guest if we can find a good time. I’m more available weekdays than weekends. There are some public events as well, such as public trap. Just check their calendar.

Also go to On Target. It’s not great, but it’s not very expensive either.

JamesCanby

Apr 5, 2011
    Alexandria, VA
    I usually go to the nra range but AGC sounds nice. Is it usually crowded?

The AGC Range is one of the largest outdoor ranges on the east coast, with 7 separate range areas: a 58-position 50-yard handgun range, a 100-position 100-yard multi-purpose range, a 10-position 200-yard range, an archery range, a trap field with 4 trap sites (one of which is a Wobble Trap), a shotgun patterning board and an indoor air rifle range. On weekdays it does not get crowded at all, on weekends it can get quite busy. I have never, however, seen it SO busy that a shooter could not find a lane to shoot on.

johnkorz

Feb 25, 2013
    Savage
    I am a member of On Target across from NSA. However, be careful when you are there. There are too many rental users that always commit safety violations on the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom