Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rimfire

Notices

Old February 13th, 2018, 05:26 PM #11
Still A Kragaphile

Still A Kragaphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTF View Post
They were on Armslist, I linked two of them a few posts back.
The seller of the 795 said transfer at United Guns is included in the selling price.
That is a very fair price and he is covering his ass from future liability. I'm happy with a bill of sale, but his gun, his rules.
squaregrouper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 06:58 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaregrouper View Post
The seller of the 795 said transfer at United Guns is included in the selling price.
That is a very fair price and he is covering his ass from future liability. I'm happy with a bill of sale, but his gun, his rules.
I agree it is a good price, though is a transfer at United even something that can happen? I thought a 4473 was only for new guns? I am really just curious at this point if I am missing something in the law or the seller is uninformed. I don't have a problem with going that route (especially since he said he would pay for it) but I don't really want to drive all the way down there and the guy to refuse to sell it because United won't do what he thinks they should.
MGMTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 07:27 PM #13
Knight who say Ni

Knight who say Ni

A 4473 can be used for new and used transfers. From the looks of it, while the seller could do a f2f transfer, they just want a more extensive cya. I've seen transfers happen both ways. Some people just feel more comfortable having a ffl handle everything. It gives them the peace of mind.

As it was said before, sellers gun, sellers rules but even if you get the transfer done at an FFL, I would ensure that you get a bill of sale.
Smokescreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 07:38 PM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen View Post
A 4473 can be used for new and used transfers. From the looks of it, while the seller could do a f2f transfer, they just want a more extensive cya. I've seen transfers happen both ways. Some people just feel more comfortable having a ffl handle everything. It gives them the peace of mind.

As it was said before, sellers gun, sellers rules but even if you get the transfer done at an FFL, I would ensure that you get a bill of sale.
Okay thank you. This is really what I was trying to figure out, was it even possible. Good to know someone else has done it in the past.
MGMTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 01:29 PM #15
Dismember

Dismember

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTF View Post
I agree it is a good price, though is a transfer at United even something that can happen? I thought a 4473 was only for new guns? I am really just curious at this point if I am missing something in the law or the seller is uninformed. I don't have a problem with going that route (especially since he said he would pay for it) but I don't really want to drive all the way down there and the guy to refuse to sell it because United won't do what he thinks they should.
The seller is technically right in that any shop can do a transfer for you. What they neglect to take into consideration is that said shop will log the non-regulated gun into their bound books and then sell it to the buyer with a 4473 NICS check. All this will be done in exchange for a transfer fee, much like any other gun being shipped into said shop except being hand delivered by the seller. Enjoy that additional $40-$80 fee on top of the asking price.

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rimfire