• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    This is the organization that calls to solicite donations for the Police Protection Fund if I remember correctly, it benefits their FOP lodges and other things.

Hmmm looking through some more posts on here got me wondering, I received a phone interview, some guys are getting in person interviews scheduled. Those who have interviews scheduled is it because you filed your app. as something other than "Self Defense and Lawful Purposes", did you file for business receipt deposits as an example?

I did but I think it is still to soon for me to hear anything. They cashed my check on 3/27. Looking at others it seems it took around 25 days before they heard anything.

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    Hmmm looking through some more posts on here got me wondering, I received a phone interview, some guys are getting in person interviews scheduled. Those who have interviews scheduled is it because you filed your app. as something other than "Self Defense and Lawful Purposes", did you file for buisness receipt deposits as an example?

I used the wording right off the MSI app and I got a face-to-face interview. The trooper I had has been doing this a long time so maybe the folks that got phone interviews have newer troopers that read somewhere or thought they could do it over the phone since the spouse & references are all done over the phone.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    It's not you... once they get you they dig in like a tick. I'm so done with them and their tactics.

Uh, elaborate please.

My first go round (years back) with this was a dog and pony show of bullschit, all but came out and accused me of domestic violence, told me right from the start from the looks of it I would be denied (which, I was)

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    PJ...I think he was talking about solicitors (donations etc)

Uh, elaborate please.

My first go round (years back) with this was a dog and pony show of bullschit, all but came out and accused me of domestic violence, told me right from the start from the looks of it I would be denied (which, I was)

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    It's been exactly two weeks since my phone interview. I'm glad I haven't heard anything because of the temporary stay.

Once that stay is over with, then I'll get impatient again.

If the state doesn't get their permanent stay, I'll be contacting the permit review board exactly 90 days after they relieved my package. If memory serves, the documents say "90 days" not "90 business days."

Point is, hearing nothing is probably a good thing for a while.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    This is the organization that calls to solicite donations for the Police Protection Fund if I remember correctly, it benefits their FOP lodges and other things.

Hmmm looking through some more posts on here got me wondering, I received a phone interview, some guys are getting in person interviews scheduled. Those who have interviews scheduled is it because you filed your app. as something other than "Self Defense and Lawful Purposes", did you file for buisness receipt deposits as an example?
    I filed under self defense and all lawful purposes and haven't heard squat since my application was received on March 14th. I've resigned myself to not get to worked up about not hearing anything until at least the end of May.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I filed under self defense and all lawful purposes and haven't heard squat since my application was received on March 14th. I've resigned myself to not get to worked up about not hearing anything until at least the end of May.

It's been that long? :shocked:

DPRO556

Mar 4, 2012
    I know It's not exactly pertinent to interviews, but MSP received my application on 3/9 and I havn't heard a word.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I know It's not exactly pertinent to interviews, but MSP received my application on 3/9 and I havn't heard a word.

I would tend to think it is, considering some people were contacted within 72 hours of their app being received. Makes me wonder if mine got tossed out with the trash accidentally or something. That is,... after they took the check out. :rolleyes:

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville

I would tend to think it is, considering some people were contacted within 72 hours of their app being received. Makes me wonder if mine got tossed out with the trash accidentally or something. That is,... after they took the check out. :rolleyes:

yea, mine was on the 9th, no contact, but they cashed check. Lack of interview is something pertaining to interviews. let them go 90 days with no contact, then it will get very interesting.

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    Same. 1 month, no word. I could either be in the "shitbird, no way in hell pile" or the "easily approved when the time comes, we don't need to talk to this guy pile..."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom