• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    When I do carry large sums of money it is often not to a bank. I often need to have it on my when I go to buy the items I deal with.

Drugs again?

Is it just me, or are the leaving the interviews up to troopers of greater seniority? I talked to a Sgt. a couple of people talked to a Lewie, anyone talk to a TFC or no-stripe trooper?

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    The guy I talked with said he was a field investigator. He was not uniformed, but by his look and demeanor, it's not a stretch to think he was a lifer trooper, maybe relegated to a desk job for some reason.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Drugs again?

Is it just me, or are the leaving the interviews up to troopers of greater seniority? I talked to a Sgt. a couple of people talked to a Lewie, anyone talk to a TFC or no-stripe trooper?

Well no. Beleive it or not, animals. We have a farm and buy and sell aniamls. Often I will carry $500 - $2k cash. Sometimes more depending what I'm looking at or just sold. Remember we live in a day and age where people get shot for $1.00.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    When I do carry large sums of money it is often not to a bank. I often need to have it on my when I go to buy the items I deal with.

I think the requirement of a letter from your banker or copies of deposit slips is arbitrary and capricious.

Many people don't trust banks, especially after so many banks failed during the last two savings & loan crises. If you didnt lose money in the first one, you didn't have access to it in the second one.

Show them the currency and point out the phrase "legal tender for all debts public and private".

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I think the requirement of a letter from your banker or copies of deposit slips is arbitrary and capricious.

Many people don't trust banks, especially after so many banks failed during the last two savings & loan crises. If you didn't lose money in the first one, you didn't have access to it in the second one.

Show them the currency and point out the phrase "legal tender for all debts public and private".

This is were I have the biggest problem with G&S. That criminal that is about to kill you to steel your wallet has no clue how much is in there. Just like with a bank deposit envelope. They will kill you just the same for $5 or $5000. All they want it your money and valuables no matter how little or how much. Why can we only defend ourselves if we are rich?

to me my life is very valuable and I want to protect it like people can protect there bank deposits.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    For anyone that may be interested, I was told by an instructor that the Law Offices of Walter S. Booth - Attorney at Law was very cutting edge with gun laws and offered a service with getting your ccw.

http://www.walterbooth.net/12.html

I personally do not know anything about his services prices or what he can do. I'm just passing the info along. But I bet if any of us hired him the way that our app's read would look much different and may get a higher level of respect when going across any troopers desk.

If nothing else I bet it would cut the negative comments that seem to be coming from some of the troopers during the interviews. As well as the trooper may be a little more careful when filling out their report on any of us knowing you have an attorney in the mix and the fact that they may have to back up anything they may say in their report.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I have a friend that wants to submit for his CCW using the Woollard decision. Is it worth it with the stay in place?

From what everyone is seeing they are returning apps saying that you can re-submit with G&S. The board is no help either. They say that MSP did not make a decision so they are not going to intervene on them. As much as i would love to say yes it looks as though it may be a waste of money for the LIVESCAN.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I have a friend that wants to submit for his CCW using the Woollard decision. Is it worth it with the stay in place?

I think that completely depends on expectations of your friend. If he wants to apply knowing that he will likely get denied and can afford to lose the fees (definite loss on the LiveScan fees, potential loss on application fees - see below) without gain, I would say go for it. MSI has stated that they would like as many people to apply and put pressure on the system, even knowing that most of us that have done so with "Self-defense and all lawful purposes" as our reason will be denied by MSP. It helps to cement the fact that the 97% approval rate is pure political bunk.

However, don't spend the rent money to apply unless the reasons are sufficient to pass the current G&S standard.

One other point, based on some of the comments from the permit interview thread - a recent poster stated that the interviewing MSP representative stated that post-decision/pre-stay applications (most of which had their checks cashed by MSP) are being processed on the 90-day plan while post-decision/post-stay applications (some of which have been reportedly returned with uncashed checks) are being returned unless they qualify under G&S.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Some may disagree, but at this point if it were me I would tell him to get it ready and wait until this stay is up. And then hand carry it to the MSP before the next stay is put into place. It may not any advantage to doing it. But it seems there has been no advantage what so ever sending them an app after this stay was put in place. Maybe if he got it in between stays they would treat his app like they have been treating the app's that were sent to them before the stay.

But again, It may not make a difference but it is worth a shot.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    This is the main reason why I tried to get my permit application in as soon as I could after the ruling.

I really hope that we can band together and do a class-action suit against whomever once this is all said and done. (Of course I don't think that we would really have much of a case, but I can still hope. This is what lawyers are for.)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As said above. If 6Pack's friend is looking to be a Civil Rights Activist , any time is a good time. He can even try to modify the language on Page 13 to conform to COMAR , and if they notice and object , there is anothe parallel legal action.

If he simply wants to get a permit quickly with no fuss , direct him to Va if he doesn't already have one.

Vendicator

Nov 5, 2010

I had a TFC deal with my interview. Really great guy to handle my case. He has been very professional with everything and I get the feeling he is personally supportive of our case, but just doing his job. If he is not, then he has been professional enough to not try to dissuade me in any way, or make any negative remarks.

The questions he asked me revolved around money. He put down N/A for a majority of them. But it was kinda sad that MD really doesn't give a crap unless money is involved.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    The questions he asked me revolved around money. He put down N/A for a majority of them. But it was kinda sad that MD really doesn't give a crap unless money is involved.

I would have pulled my wallet out and told him that I was protecting that money. When he ask how much was in there tell him that a robber would not ask that because he don't care how much it is just that he wants it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom