• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Simple car, 2003 Mustang V6. My regular shopped is booked up for quite a while, longer than I really want to wait. I do some of my own work but will not do brakes. I have new rotors, calipers, and pads, just need them installed and the brake lines flushed and refilled. Located in Harford County. If you do brakes on the side or have a shop and are willing to put my parts on please contact. Located in Harford County. Thx.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    eh, you should try it if you already do some work, actually pretty easy and even with buying new rotors it's cheaper than taking it to a shop and just having the rotors resurfaced.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    SD Auto in Cronsville does mine. You bring your parts and he will install them.

Dont email or message him. Call his shop at (410) 923-6987.

He is a member here. SRD

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    eh, you should try it if you already do some work, actually pretty easy and even with buying new rotors it's cheaper than taking it to a shop and just having the rotors resurfaced.

I do a lot of things and I could I am sure, I just won't. I've never done them before and I don't want my initial attempt to be on my own working out of a manual. I've done pads but I'm not going beyond that, and I need the calipers replaced too. It's worth a couple hundred bucks to me to have someone else do it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    One of our members has a shop up across from Harford Community College. Let me see if I can find his screen name and shop.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Youtube is your friend. Check out a video or 2 before you doubt your abilities.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Our esteemed friend SThomas has a shop in down town Silver Spring but that's a haul.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Try Dave Serio's "Vehicle Plus Service", right in the heart of downtown Bel Air.
    100 Balto. Pike
    Bel Air, Md
    410-879-7550

OR, Fork Auto
    12600 Harford Rd.
    Hydes, Md. 21082
    410-592-8243 ( Gary, the owner, is a mdshooters member )

I've used them both and they are very honest and do excellent work!!
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Enfield303

Feb 12, 2011
    Harford County
    Faby's Auto Repair on Ellendale Street in Bel Air. Bob Crothers is the most honest man I have ever done business with. He will fix your car, and do it right, for a lot less than any chain shop or dealer. It usually takes about two weeks to get your car into the shop but it is worth the wait. Dave Serio's is a close second. Either one should be a short drive from Abingdon.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've never had brakes done at this shop, but they have always been honest when I've been there for tire trouble. Sorry but I don't know the name. It's the shop that sits in the triangle of Pulaski Highway, Abingdon Road and B&O Road in Abingdon.

They seems to be very affordable for tires and tire repair. They actually don't charge to fix a flat. Regardless of where you bought your tires.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Simple car, 2003 Mustang V6. My regular shopped is booked up for quite a while, longer than I really want to wait. I do some of my own work but will not do brakes. I have new rotors, calipers, and pads, just need them installed and the brake lines flushed and refilled. Located in Harford County. If you do brakes on the side or have a shop and are willing to put my parts on please contact. Located in Harford County. Thx.

Go see my buddy Randy at Forest Hill Car Care, tell him I sent ya. :thumbsup:

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I do a lot of things and I could I am sure, I just won't. I've never done them before and I don't want my initial attempt to be on my own working out of a manual. I've done pads but I'm not going beyond that, and I need the calipers replaced too. It's worth a couple hundred bucks to me to have someone else do it.

If you want to attempt it I will come over and walk you through it while you get it done. It's very easy man.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Famous last words. Lol

It's easy until your old rusty brake line fitting won't seal on a new copper washer against a new caliper, now you're buying new brake lines

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Famous last words. Lol

It's easy until your old rusty brake line fitting won't seal on a new copper washer against a new caliper, now you're buying new brake lines

It isn't usually the actual brake line that goes into the caliper, but a rubber hose that goes from the hard brake line to the caliper. If that gets screwed up, it can be replaced pretty easily. Ask me how I know. lol Damn F350

If the OP was closer, I would have volunteered to help him IF he has garage space to do the repair in. Too cold to be doing this stuff outside now.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    It isn't usually the actual brake line that goes into the caliper, but a rubber hose that goes from the hard brake line to the caliper. If that gets screwed up, it can be replaced pretty easily. Ask me how I know. lol Damn F350

If the OP was closer, I would have volunteered to help him IF he has garage space to do the repair in. Too cold to be doing this stuff outside now.

Yeah, I guess you're not familiar with high quality MOPAR parts.

Pretty much every banjo fitting was rusted bad enough not to attempt an at home git-r-done repair and I just opted to replace every brake line on the truck until I stopped seeing rust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom