• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shootershiloh

May 5, 2009
    Carroll County, MD.
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm new to the forum and I'm looking into registering one of my AR-15 rifles as a SBR. My question is since the AWB is over can any lower be used in the registration and when I get a new short barrel upper can it have the so called nasty things such as bayonett lug and flash suppressor? Also, FYI I just got an email from my local sheriff about signing the BATF form 1 and he said that he would providing that I showed him the rifle that I was going to register as the SBR. Any input would be greatly appreciated as my knowlege on this is little to none.

Shootershiloh

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    When the Clinton Assault Weapons ban expired. You should be able to have any of the mentioned evil features.

You Mean, Like This?

Attachments

• 7.5.jpg
      7.5.jpg
      119.3 KB · Views: 249

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    SCARCQB,
    Yep, That's exactly what I mean. Thanks for the reply and that is one sweeeeeet weapon.

Shootershiloh

First of All, WELCOME to the Forum.

Plus I built this thing on an Olympic Arms PCR lower.
    PCR stands for Politically Correct Rifle.:lol:

Also as a friendly reminder, You can only take possesion of a short barreled upper once your Form 1 has been approved by the BATFE or else they may get you for " Intent to construct".

Print out the picture above and show it to CLEO. ( Chief Law Enforcement Officer- in your case,The Sheriff). You should be able to register your receiver as an SBR, make sure you Indicate " Multicaliber" to get the Maximum flexibility and Indicate the shortest barrel length possible ( 6.5" is the shortest I have seen).You can always install a longer barrel after that. ( 6.5-14.5") This gives you the ability to change uppers and calibers making your weapon a complete system instead of just a single caliber SBR.

If you are going with anything shorter than an 11.5" barrel, Make sure to spend a litle more money in getting stronger springs for the extractor as well as some crane Extractor O- rings. Polish the chamber and gets the burrs out. This will make your SBR reliable and function well even with cheaper steel cased ammo.

Hope this helps.

By the way.. You will also need a good set of Ear protection.

There are a bunch of knowledgeable NFA folks here. Any questions that you may have, do not hesitate to ask.

SCAR

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    SCAR,
    From what I have read so far is the BATF will not approve a form with "multi" caliber and the barrel length has to be a specific measurement right?

Shootershiloh

You must specify the actual barrel length on the Form 1. when I did mine, I have indicated 5.56, 9mm and 22LR. It went through without a hitch.

You may want to contact the NFA technology Branch and get them to respond in writing as to cover all your bases. Thats what I would do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom