• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Various inaccuracies in just the first 3 minutes. I like MAC but he gets a lot of details wrong. Seeing that these are reportedly made by the original manufacturer, I would expect it to work just fine but I just could not get by the garish "RETRO" mark on the top. Better to just leave it blank or discreetly mark it Hakko.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Various inaccuracies in just the first 3 minutes. I like MAC but he gets a lot of details wrong. Seeing that these are reportedly made by the original manufacturer, I would expect it to work just fine but I just could not get by the garish "RETRO" mark on the top. Better to just leave it blank or discreetly mark it Hakko.

That was my first impression.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If you're doing a retro build, these seem like good options. This style of scope is a lot more usable than a lot of people give them credit for; I found that I didn't have trouble getting into the eyebox if I started from a decent cheekweld, and you can transition back to irons really quickly. Wouldn't be my first choice on a modern rifle, but they're hardly unusable.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Not legal in East BFE ;)

True dat. Someone built a clone and was selling it at a local shop. I think $1100 was a bit much, since Brownell's is having a sale on that upper. I'm waiting on my expense check from my company so that I can get a 10mm CMMG Banshee, and possibly one of the pencil barrel, carry handle uppers they have for my Snowflake lower.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    While not comparing to the retro I have used a smaller 4x32 Leupold on a carry handle mount on my RRA Std A2 and the combination has given repeatable return to zero and accuracy results for 15 years. Only issue it is a mount and rings combination which raises line of sight a little higher. Still happy with the setup.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Ordered one in early January, received today.

Looks good, it will be painful but I will waste a box of new name brand ammo tomorrow and get it set up. 55 or 62 grain though.. ? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom