• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I was suppose to get married in Elkton's Little Wedding Chapel years age, the night before someone set it on fire.

I should have taken that as an omen !

:lol:

What I find fascinating, with a little interwebs reading (it has to be true, right :D) is Elkton is one of the most dangerous cities in Maryland. It is higher on the list than Mt Rainier!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Mainly because of the circuit courts, proximity to the health department, methodone and soboxone clinics. Take those services out of Elkton and it would be like any other MD town. The number of homeless (alcohol alcohol heroin) is amazing. Camped out in the woods behind Royal Farms, Acme and a few other places.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I was suppose to get married in Elkton's Little Wedding Chapel years age, the night before someone set it on fire.

I got married to my forst wife there. I wish something like a fire had stopped that.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Mainly because of the circuit courts, proximity to the health department, methodone and soboxone clinics. Take those services out of Elkton and it would be like any other MD town. The number of homeless (alcohol alcohol heroin) is amazing. Camped out in the woods behind Royal Farms, Acme and a few other places.

Agreed. But at least they shoved it all in one town instead of spreading it all around Cecil County.

They wanted to open a methadone clinic in North East next to Pats Pizza and the residents showed up in force and stopped it. They still have Lakeside and other areas, but at least they don't have a methadone clinic in third back yard as well.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I was suppose to get married in Elkton's Little Wedding Chapel years ago, the night before someone set it on fire.

You needed to be looking & listening instead of thinking about the Honeymoooooon (GRIN)...

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

I used to love buying gas at the Royal Farms the drug addicts would come out of the woods asking for money , I would tell em that i gave my last 40 to fill up , I would stop it around 26 or 27 and tell them to go get the change . Mind you I paid with my credit card :lol2:

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I used to love buying gas at the Royal Farms the drug addicts would come out of the woods asking for money , I would tell em that i gave my last 40 to fill up , I would stop it around 26 or 27 and tell them to go get the change . Mind you I paid with my credit card :lol2:

Holy hell that is funny.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

Wine through the nose burns.

How many times did each one fall for that?

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Coming out of Walgreens in North East and passed through a bunch of homeless/shabby young guys and one smartass said, " Hey man, how about some bills", so I handed him my electric bill. The look on his face...Priceless.

henn5849

Aug 29, 2009
    Cecil County, MD
    Agreed. But at least they shoved it all in one town instead of spreading it all around Cecil County.

They wanted to open a methadone clinic in North East next to Pats Pizza and the residents showed up in force and stopped it. They still have Lakeside and other areas, but at least they don't have a methadone clinic in third back yard as well.

Not sure how I missed this. When was it? I would have been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore

It's not nice to tease dumb animals.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Ah, forgot to tell you guys. The methadone clinic that has been having such a hard time finding a new location FOUND one.

The old "Warehouse" pub, aka SanLin Lounge (AKA creepy Chinese mafia place at the bottom of the hill near the "Old Y").

This business must be very very profiatble. They bought 65 acres of M2 (heavy industrial) zoned property with the ~3k sq ft building, $1.1MIL.

Trick is, this M2 zoned property is untouchable by neighbors, they can't complain about sights, smells, noise,..... nothing. They have no say in what you do there, when you do or for how long. All this time they have been coming up against angry neighbors who don't want zombies wandering around all morning near their house,... no more worries about that. There is NO public input as to what you do on this type of zoning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom