• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I am posting up here because I it was suggested.

Anybody here who molds there own 9mm bullets?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Casting is not specific to caliber, other than the molds.

If you can cast .45, you can cast 9mm.

In the past I have cast .45 and .308 bullets.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    But do you create your mix of metals or are you buying premixed? Or what. Lots of variables goes into casting. Then cast whatever you want, agree.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I used to cast pure linotype. Back when I could get it at the scrap metal dealer for 35 cents per pound. :)

But unless you have a source for all the components, it is better to buy the alloy. Or, if you can get something like wheel weights, then buy lead and tin to mix to what you want.

But to start, buy Lyman #2 alloy, and start casting.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    I am posting up here because I it was suggested.

Anybody here who molds there own 9mm bullets?

I cast for 9mm. I had good luck when I tumble lubed them. Had a little leading but not much. When I started powder coating, I started getting more leading. Although, I might have used a softer mix. 9mm might be one of the more difficult rounds to cast and not get leading, in my experience. 45, no problem. 9mm Mak, no problem. 38 and 357, same. I can even cast 44 without leading(I am gas checking those).

Todd S

MARYLANDJOHN

Mar 29, 2013
    SEVERN MD
    Reloading 300 blackout

Would anyone let me shadow them reloading 300 blackout im very new to reloading process and would like to learn and gain the experience to know what to buy and how to reload

Location is in Aaco near bwi
    Thanks

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Would anyone let me shadow them reloading 300 blackout im very new to reloading process and would like to learn and gain the experience to know what to buy and how to reload

Thanks

I am in Laurel near 198 and 295. Reloading steps are identical for most rifle calibers using necked down cases. I do not own anything in 300 BO, but can still help if you are just trying to determine what you need and how to use it, you are welcome to see what I have acquired, how it is set up, and how to use the equipment.
    Presses operate using the same principles, but process operations vary between brands.
    I have a Lee single stage press and it does a great job on my rifle and pistol hand loads.

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008

Thanks

If you think your going to reload for it I'm willing to sell all of my reloading stuff for 300. Forster dies, little crow worlds finest trimmer, lee factory crimp die. Mini cutoff saw and jig for making brass from 223 and a metric shit ton of brass. PM me if you think you might be interested.

chuckycheese

Dec 5, 2019
    looking for a sensei (lol)

hello everyone, I live just along the Ohio river 1hr from Charleston WV and Huntington WV, I'm looking for someone to introduce me to reloading in a mature and safe way.

I have just purchased my first reloader for shotgun shells(12/20g). I only chose this as it was somewhat inexpensive and simplified.

I am finding it hard to locate hulls at most retailers as well as all my reloading supplies..

I am retired and could drive to meet anyone who has an interest in teaching me the basics, hopefully have fun and strike up new friendships along the way.

As for my current equipment, I bought the Lee LA II(Load-All 2) in 20g with the 12g conversion kit, Hornady G2 1500 digital scale and the Lyman 5th edition shotshell reloading handbook. I have NO reloading supplies at moment but have been searching online for the best deals.

My initial concern is WHAT hulls, primers, wading, powder, shot should I buy? I have old hulls here(maybe 20 or so) and a full box of recently purchased 12g.

I am on chapter 3, lots of pretty pictures(lol) and tons of much desired information(a little overwhelming at first glance) and will continue to read until completed...I am a slow reader so this might take me months, .

So.. that's my story.. Anyone have some time, extra reloading supplies... I will bring the coffee and enthusiasm!

Thanks,
    Chuckycheese

mmpbal

Apr 18, 2020
    Dundalk
    Hello All I am new to reloading and looking to learn. If there is anyone close to the Dundalk who would be willing to help me get started I would be very grateful. I have just purchased a bunch of different stuff for reloading and could really use some help.

Dalebert

Apr 15, 2020
    Baltimore County
    Not too far from Dundalk

Hello All I am new to reloading and looking to learn. If there is anyone close to the Dundalk who would be willing to help me get started I would be very grateful. I have just purchased a bunch of different stuff for reloading and could really use some help.

mmpbal, I'm not right there in Dundalk, but I'm not extremely far either. I'm about 15 minutes from Dundalk in the Perry Hall/Nottingham area. I also don't know every single tip and trick that someone more experienced might know, but I have done a bit of reloading (pistol) and I still have all my fingers :party29:

If you don't find someone closer, more experienced and willing, then PM me and I can at least help get you started.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I am further away, but have helped a couple of people.

I have reloaded rifle and pistol for a LONG time. :)

730waters

Apr 20, 2013
    Rising Sun, Md
    I am in Cecil County and have been reloading since 1977. After the Covid-19 closures are over, I can help out someone if they need help getting into the hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom