• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Would anyone know why a person with a Md Permit to carry would be denied a collectors form or letter .

SMH

My brother was denied his collectors lic.
    No written explanation just says denied .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Maryland, no logic exists.

As mentioned in other threads, does he have previous Regulated purchases ? Presumably if he has W&C Permit, no background issues.

mtbiker

Dec 31, 2016
    SoMd
    I think the collector app can be denied if you don't already own a handgun. But he already has a carry permit and carrying. That's Maryland for ya.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    No background problems , has a TWIC card as well . Been in high security areas at certain places . Now he has to call to find out why , I am not sure if paperwork was complete but it does not say why they denied .

You would think if he had an active permit he would be a shoe-in for the other items .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I would love for the MSP & Maryland in general get their weenies smacked , it would please me to no end for them to be on the losing side of the courts and an aggressive lawyer or two .

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I believe MD lost a lawsuit awhile ago about denying a designated collector who had not yet purchases a regulated firearm. I can not find the reference right now. Now if they can only "find" my wife's application from 3 years ago....

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    According to reports on MDS , this has gone different ways at various points in time . Could have been a matter of which person was handling the applications on a certain day .

I recieved my DCL after the HQL was passed , but before it took effect . Not sure without serious remembering if I would have had 30 day issues since '13 .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Yes , this brother happens to be a resident of Maryland and he has bought guns in previous years (one at a time) in this state . My other brother buys in DE. at his place of residence in a 1/2 hour or so .

He will bring the paperwork and letter to me this morning so I can see where the issue is , and maybe read between the lines . They really are nothing less then the Gun Gods with the power to swing in any direction they feel , I love the police and have a great deal of respect for them in general but this handgun section needs to be checked out and dealt with .

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Does he have a common name, that might be shared with a prohibited person?
    You could do a Maryland Case search and see if anyone turns up.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Remember we are talking about MSP, they probably did a much better job of checking out the background of the person in question for the CCP.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I do not think that they do a background check for collectors letters. They simply check that you have bought handguns and done a 77r. If the previous 77r was filled out with a different address and one has a common name, its at least plausible that they could not match the DC app with a 77r form. IIRC there is no unique # on the DC letter like social security no. I would have thought that they would have requested more info, not denied it.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    My guess is that there was something missing, or incorrectly filled out on the application...

If memory serves, it has to be notarized...maybe he forgot to do that?

...maybe his "reason" given for wanting it, was insufficient?

A simple phone call will get the reason for denial.

Nicole @ MSP Licensing Division
    410-653-4596

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    My guess is that there was something missing, or incorrectly filled out on the application...

If memory serves, it has to be notarized...maybe he forgot to do that?

...maybe his "reason" given for wanting it, was insufficient?

A simple phone call will get the reason for denial.

Nicole @ MSP Licensing Division
    410-653-4596

The only reason you need to put on the form is "all lawful purposes."

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Okay here is what I gather , there is a place where the Notary dates the form when both parties sign off on the document . Then there is another date on the form up higher on the paper to the right , well notary date don't match the other date . He mailed it a couple days after the notary date so there is a two day difference .

Seems silly but that is what it is .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom