• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I'm in Fairfax county and I'm looking for a new bank. I'm looking for a regional or area bank because I'm avoiding the "too big to fail" banks like Wells Fargo. It would be good if the bank has low or no fee checking, and free ATM access on the cirrus or other network, and good customer service. Any recommendations?
    thanks.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    They have m&t down there? I was very happy with them for a long time back in MD. All the way back to when they were allfirst and first national before that.

Have Chase now bc of no m&t in TX and very happy with them as well. Very hard to beat their cash back CCs.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Wells Fargo is also extremely Anti 2A

As if you needed another reason.

Sadly true.

Wells Fargo dropped Hogue as a business customer because Hogue sells gun parts like grips, stocks, assessories, and more recently pocket knives.

I purchased some Hogue gear after hearing this, absolutely love their rubber textured compact shotgun stock.

I wonder what bank Hogue switched to?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Good call, Wellsfargo is terrible and literally fined for illegal or unethical practices.

I recommend most credit unions. Failing that go with a small local bank, if you can find one.

Credit Unions :thumbsup:

Wells Fargo :tdown: Past time for that puppy to be put to sleep.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Navy CU if you qualify for membership.

Apple Credit Union - You qualify as a resident of FFX County.

Pentagon Fed CU - same as Navy

For a commercial bank, check out. Burke & Hebert Savings and Trust

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    VCDL just reported that the Virginia Credit Union is also very anti 2A. They won';t process any payments related to firearms

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    From yesterday's VCDL Alert update

11. Virginia Credit Union bill-pay prohibits payment for any firearms-related items

Member Craig Brown has advised me that the Virginia Credit Union prohibits bill-pay to be used to pay for anything related to firearms, including scopes! They have clumped firearms in with illegal drugs.

Perhaps they are too stupid to be handling your money?

Here is item 13 (d) of the Bill Pay agreement:

13 Prohibited Payments. The following types of payments are prohibited through the Service, and we have the right but not the obligation to monitor for, block, cancel and/or reverse such payments:

d. Payments related to: (1) tobacco products, (2) prescription drugs and devices; (3) narcotics, steroids, controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety; (4) drug paraphernalia; (5) ammunition, firearms, or firearm parts or related accessories; (6) weapons or knives regulated under applicable law; (7) goods or services that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity; (8) goods or services that are sexually oriented; (9) goods or services that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime; (10) goods or services that defame, abuse, harass or threaten others; (11) goods or services that include any language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous; (12) goods or services that advertise, sell to, or solicit others; or (13) goods or services that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction; and

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    USAA and NFCU are great if you qualify, and have been happy with both, but like a local bank for convenience. We have been very happy with PNC, they have a ton of ATMs all over, excellent customer service, the virtual wallet and integration with things like their app, online banking, and even samsung Pay are excellent. While not neccesarily outright 2A supporters, they have never opposed us, don't tend to post "no weapons" signs, and in a couple cases where branches have, a polite complaint to corporate resulted in appolagies and corporate ordering the signs to be removed. They ARE pro military, support police and while their PAC donates to both parties, they donated 5:1 in favor of Republicans in the last couple elections, about the same as USAA.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    I would not recommend Old Court Savings and Loan.

but they paid high interest rates

and I bought some of their equipment at the end but not these

$50,000 8 foot wide chandler in his office

$35,000 6 foot wide chandler in his secretary's office

or the gold faucets in his OC condo

The stuff I bought had labels on them that said "property of old court savings and loan"

:lol2::lol:

here's Jeffrey Levitt - bank wouldn't give him a loan - so he started his own bank
    :innocent0

Attachments

• 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      88.2 KB · Views: 141

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll look into USAA and PNC. I'm not active duty by am a Desert Shield/Storm veteran so I hope that qualifies me for USAA. I remember hearing from one of their phone people that I had to be active duty or retired military to open an account with USAA.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I'm in Fairfax county and I'm looking for a new bank. I'm looking for a regional or area bank because I'm avoiding the "too big to fail" banks like Wells Fargo. It would be good if the bank has low or no fee checking, and free ATM access on the cirrus or other network, and good customer service. Any recommendations?
    thanks.

Credit Union !!!

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I remember hearing from one of their phone people that I had to be active duty or retired military to open an account with USAA.

Not true! I joined USAA as a veteran (not retired.) My dad (a vet not retired) used his status to get my brother and his wife into USAA (bro and wife aren't affiliated with mil at all.) Being a vet gets you in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom