• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Any idea why in the last six months or so the gas prices in DE seem to be consistently higher?

They use to be about 20-30 cents cheaper a gallon than DC and MoCo, and on par with NoVa. Now they are on par with Bethesda prices.

Tax increase? Supply line issues? Formulation requirement changes?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Schools need more money. Road projects needed in SLD out the wazoo, Summertime blends regarding fuel. Agrarian society. Narcan for everybody. Maybe just because they can. Gas was higher in Huston when I was there last week than it was in Seaford.
    Fiscal hawks and more knowledgeable people will have more appropriate/detailed answers than I can provide. I just have a DE address and work, help farm hunt and fish/shop there.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Schools need more money. Road projects needed in SLD out the wazoo, Summertime blends regarding fuel. Agrarian society. Narcan for everybody. Maybe just because they can. Gas was higher in Huston when I was there last week than it was in Seaford.
    Fiscal hawks and more knowledgeable people will have more appropriate/detailed answers than I can provide. I just have a DE address and work, help farm hunt and fish/shop there.

I really think this is the answer.:sad20:

...and it sucks because there really isn't much we can do :mad54:

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    I noticed the jump around Christmas though. I know there are a TON of variables, I’m just confused at such a dramatic comparative jump that doesn’t seemed timed with anything specific.

Mako

MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2016
    ES of MD
    Delaware has gone full blown welfare state. I work central Kent and Sussex county. Sept 1st. they raised cigarette and beer/liquor taxes to be more competitive with New Jersey Taxes. Gas prices starting going up almost the same time. They will nickel and dime every working person they can because they are handing out more than they can possibly bring in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom