• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Looking for confirmation/clarification...

Do I zero my 6/3 carry handle rear sight (20" barrel) at 36 meters using the small aperture, then use the 0-2 aperture for shooting within 200 meters? If the above is correct, does this hold for M855 or M193 or both? I've read a few articles (with conflicting information) so still somewhat confused. TIA!

Feb 28, 2013
    Looking for confirmation/clarification...

Do I zero my 6/3 carry handle rear sight (20" barrel) at 36 meters using the small aperture, then use the 0-2 aperture for shooting within 200 meters? If the above is correct, does this hold for M855 or M193 or both? I've read a few articles (with conflicting information) so still somewhat confused. TIA!
    Wouldnt mind knowing that meself... but I think you and I are the only ones here that have AR's with carry handles

Everybody likes that newfangled freefloated flat top business

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    You want to use what is called the "Revised Improved Battle Zero" or RIBZ

With a detachable carry handle you want to adjust the index scale on the elevation drum so the sight bottoms out 8 clicks (4 MOA) below the 6/3 mark.

Once you have done that, set the rear elevation at 6 clicks (3 MOA) below the 6/3 mark.

With this setting and using the small aperture, zero the rifle at 100 yards by adjusting the front sight only to adjust the elevation.

When you have done this your 100 yd zero is 6/3 -3MOA (6 clicks). Your 50/200 yd zero is at 6/3 - 2MOA (4 clicks) and 300 yd is at the 6/3 mark.
    All of these are with the small aperture.

For close in, moving or low light targets set the index to 3/6 and flip up to the large aperture. You will be "close enough" for that kind of shooting point blank to 200 yd.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Wouldnt mind knowing that meself... but I think you and I are the only ones here that have AR's with carry handles

Everybody likes that newfangled freefloated flat top business

Nope, I have a Colt with the built in handle and 20” barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom