• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    My daughter has been doing spin classes while away at college. She was hoping to find some she can go to while home on winter break. Unfortunately our gym doesn’t do them. Anyone know of any classes in HoCo that she could do on a drop in basis for the month of December?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    My daughter has been doing spin classes while away at college. She was hoping to find some she can go to while home on winter break. Unfortunately our gym doesn’t do them. Anyone know of any classes in HoCo that she could do on a drop in basis for the month of December?

Check the Y on Montgomery/103.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I have too..

What is spin class? I remember sit'n'spin as a kid.anyway, carry on.

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    Just an FYI.... The Y has been having folks sign up for classes as of late due to the Rona. I've been doing a spin class on Thursdays in Pasadena, but have to sign up to get into it. The sign ups usually open up 2 days before the class time.

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020
    Have her use the MindBody app. It's free and is useful in finding all kinds of different workout activities i.e. spin, barre, bootcamp, etc. nearby. You typically search by location so the app will use your current GPS and search nearby classes or gyms. It will tell you the time, location, price, and for some of the classes you can even register and pay on the app.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    OK, Maybe I'm old,,, but why do you need a class for bicycling? just get on it and have dad push you down the drive and let go of you ??

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Spin means bicycle. Not sure why but bicycle wasn’t cool anymore

A spin bike is a specific type of pedaling trainer/exercise. It has one heavy flywheel, no gears, and a brake (typ friction). We have one in our living room. It is no more a bicycle than a NordicTrack is 'skis'.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Just an FYI.... The Y has been having folks sign up for classes as of late due to the Rona. I've been doing a spin class on Thursdays in Pasadena, but have to sign up to get into it. The sign ups usually open up 2 days before the class time.

Is the Y in Catonsville still open?

Also, to the OP, the CA gyms have spin classes. Maybe they have a partial membership?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom