• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I heard back from Mike today. This is what he sent below. As you can see everyone will have an opportunity to participate and offer comments & questions to the panel via social media.
    Hello everyone,

Thanks to all of you for agreeing to be in the audience for our Fox45 Town Hall! As you know, the topic will be Guns in America.

I wanted to send you an email with more information about the evening.

The live program starts at 7pm. It will last 90 minutes and will be streamed to our website FoxBaltimore.com. It will be rebroadcast on our digital channel 45.2 over the weekend.

Doors will open at the station at 6:00pm. You don’t necessarily need to be here that early but we do ask that you be here by 6:30. This will give everyone time to get settled and get any questions you may have answered.

We have five panelists for the evening:

Vinny DeMarco - Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence

Scott Shellenberger – Baltimore County State’s Attorney

Dr. Jack Vaeth - Psychiatrist

Del. Michael Smigiel – District 36, member House Judiciary Committee

Ray Givens – Western Maryland Sportsman Coalition

Our moderator is Mark Hyman, host of Behind the Headlines.

If you have any background information you would like to contribute to the town hall in advance, please email Mark mhyman@sbgtv.com

We encourage all of our audience members to come to the town hall ready to participate. We will open the floor to questions and you should feel free to question and challenge the arguments you will hear. We want to keep the discourse respectful, but enthusiastic at the same time.

Dress code for the evening is business casual.

We are located at 2000 W. 41st Street. We own all the parking lots surrounding Fox45, so if you see an open space feel free to use it.

We have had an overwhelming amount of response from people wanting to be in the audience. As it stands now, we are fully booked. But please tell your friends, associates and other “like minded” people that they can watch the town hall on our website as it happens. They may also join the discussion by posting comments and questions to our Facebook page Facebook.com/foxbaltimore or through Twitter @FoxBaltimore. You may use the hashtag #WBFFTownHall. Our anchor, Jennifer Gilbert, will be monitoring social media and presenting online questions to the panel.

If you have any questions as we near the town hall, don’t hesitate to email me or call me on my cell: 410-446-8829.

Thanks and we look forward to an informative evening!

Mike Tomko
    News Director
    WBFF Fox45
    2000 W. 41st Street
    Baltimore, MD 21211
    P: 410-467-5595
    D: 410-662-1447
    F: 410-467-5093
    www.FoxBaltimore.com
    www.Facebook.com/FOXBaltimore

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    How will we be able to put up questions via social media? Links? Hashtags?

They may also join the discussion by posting comments and questions to our Facebook page Facebook.com/foxbaltimore or through Twitter @FoxBaltimore. You may use the hashtag #WBFFTownHall. Our anchor, Jennifer Gilbert, will be monitoring social media and presenting online questions to the panel.

That's how.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    They have Del. Michael Smigiel in attendance. Based on his performance in the hearings, he will put a smack down on the anti-2A fools. I wish I was free to come see it in person.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I've sent e-mails to the station and Mike directly and have had not replies. I left a voicemail for Mike too :(

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Since I'll be in the audience I'll do my best to make 'ya proud, but obviously please flood the Fox 45 News Facebook and Twitter pages with good questions and challenges to outrageous statements by the other side. Being in the audience is not the same as being on the panel so it remains to be seen how much interaction and time we'll be able to have. They'll feel compelled (and rightly so) to include participation from all of the viewers at home, so let's try to overwhelm their social media sites with our message of civil rights.

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    I recieved an email saying they are full but I am thinking of going anyway just in case some of the 85% don't show.

41maghunter

Sep 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I'll be there and have my questions prepared as well as plenty of statistics on the current laws on the books in this so called Free state. Looking forward to a lively interactive Town Hall
    Bob

babalooie21204

Aug 13, 2012
    Columbia
    love how all these current laws they are trying to pass have NOTHING to do with the People that are Anti- coming to this TV event..... "Handgun Violence" is the real problem... not AW...

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Guys, a bit of an update. My wife parsed the language a bit better than did I. Mike Tomko of Fox 45 wrote in his email to the studio audience:
    The live program starts at 7pm. It will last 90 minutes and will be streamed to our website FoxBaltimore.com. It will be rebroadcast on our digital channel 45.2 over the weekend.

My wife observed that this means the only live broadcast tonight is via the web, not TV. TV is to be only this weekend. I had thought tonight would be simulcast on both TV and the web, and then rebroadcast over the weekend on TV.

So I checked with Mike and my wife was right, I was wrong. (How many times have I said that, eh? :)) Mike confirmed: Tonight is only live via the web, and the only TV broadcast will be this weekend.

I'm trying to get the exact date & time of the TV rebroadcast & if I hear anything I'll let you know.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    Got an email from Rick Impallaria concerning this. Sounds like the room is full already. I was going to attend if I could.

Sounds like the room is in good hands though. I will be with you all in spirit. God Bless and guide you.

Vic

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I recieved an email saying they are full but I am thinking of going anyway just in case some of the 85% don't show.

I'll be there too. I haven't gotten any calls or e-mails back, but if there are empty seats, we should be ready to go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom