• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Anyone have experience with ordering directly from Century Arms? I placed an order two weeks ago, got an email confirmation a day later and I haven’t heard a damn thing since. I’ve called and left messages and emailed but no human contact from Century. Is this consistent with other folk’s experience with Century?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Anyone have experience with ordering directly from Century Arms? I placed an order two weeks ago, got an email confirmation a day later and I haven’t heard a damn thing since. I’ve called and left messages and emailed but no human contact from Century. Is this consistent with other folk’s experience with Century?

During normal times, they can be a little slow. During COVID times, I'm sure it's even longer. Email confirmation may have been an automated one. I'd give you the phone # of the sales rep I used to deal with exclusively, but I don't know if he still works for them. Two weeks seems a bit overly long for no response at all though. Maybe one of our other members has a number for a known current rep?

---------edit-------------

Hah! After looking back at my email back and forth with my former rep, it took them a MONTH to ship my order the last time back in 2014.

Soooo yeah.... do with that info what you may.

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    I just got an order (magazines) from them today. It took just 6 days. I have another order from Monday that hasn't shipped yet. Might depend on what you ordered?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I just got an order (magazines) from them today. It took just 6 days. I have another order from Monday that hasn't shipped yet. Might depend on what you ordered?

Probably a good chunk of it. I never had an issue with militaria and ammo from them, it was the shipping of a firearm that took a month.

Doctortoxic

Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Yeah this is a Swiss 1911 rifle that I ordered. It says in stock when I ordered and still says in stock. Sounds like firearms from them take awhile I guess?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Yeah this is a Swiss 1911 rifle that I ordered. It says in stock when I ordered and still says in stock. Sounds like firearms from them take awhile I guess?

Yep, mine was an Arcus 98DA. I think it has to do with their licensing division and the firearms warehouse itself. They deal in large lots so much that the small orders get pushed to the "we'll get to it" pile too often. Just think of all the non-C&R stuff they deal in that LGSs and places like Classic sell on the regular (AK variants, CETME variants, etc.) They have the same order fulfillment team handling those very large orders at the same time as handling your single C&R purchase. My understanding is, so long as your order was in while they still had them in stock, the system knows what inventory they have on hand and automatically deducts whatever has been ordered, so you shouldn't need to worry about something being sold out.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    During normal times, they can be a little slow. During COVID times, I'm sure it's even longer. Email confirmation may have been an automated one. I'd give you the phone # of the sales rep I used to deal with exclusively, but I don't know if he still works for them. Two weeks seems a bit overly long for no response at all though. Maybe one of our other members has a number for a known current rep?

---------edit-------------

Hah! After looking back at my email back and forth with my former rep, it took them a MONTH to ship my order the last time back in 2014.

Soooo yeah.... do with that info what you may.

Taking lessons from the ATF I see /s

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Taking lessons from the ATF I see /s

Reading through the email thread again, I was reminded of how much a cluster that transaction was. It took them so long to process and charge my card that my card expired and got declined for the original purchase so I had to have them re-run it with the exp date and ccid#.

Doctortoxic

Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Oh jeez. Well if a better or similar deal comes up for Black Friday, I may have to just let the Century order lapse or cancel it. The price on the 1911 is really good from century but not if it never ships.

dweissman

Mar 23, 2020
    I sent those idiots my license and they still haven't activated my account after a week.

It took a total of 10 days for them to activate mine.

I would email the support@centuryarms.com email, then wait a few days and send a follow up if you get no response. They hadn't activated my account 4 days after I submitted my stuff (they say 24-48 hours on their site) so I emailed the support email, and sent my follow up 6 days after that when I hadn't received a reply. They activated the same day I sent my follow up.

Doctortoxic

Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    After 6 weeks and multiple emails and phone calls, I finally got my shipment from Century and I am VERY happy with it. I’d absolutely order from them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom