Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Cooper does not approve of this thread.

c10dc6668b0f1ead349599daf191b2da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinetic

MDS Supporter
    Apr 4, 2013
    Your cat is not my problem. And if a cat is in my yard it’s not yours. Havaheart and .22shorts. Works great, windows are closed and the heat pumps are running for noise cover!

Cats are reincarnated as foxes that get chickens.

The circle of life.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Not sure if this applies to anybody else's neighborhood, but we seem to have some folks around here who feel it's good to feed the wildlife, which has resulted in another bumper crop of foxes. They're getting so bold that they roam the street in daylight now. Saw a beautiful one yesterday morning at 10:30 just trotting down the middle of the street like it owned the place. Would have made a good mount.

A few days ago a neighbor tied his trash can lid down to discourage pilfering, and thought it was secure. Nope. Something (I suspect a fox) managed to get the lid off and shred all the trash and bags in the can, and scatter the mess all over the yard.

I think having one of each of the scavengers (fox, ground hog, raccoon and opossum) is a very good thing for the ecology of the neighborhood (fairly dense residential), but when they start to over reproduce, they get into mischief and their herd just might have to get thinned. Just sayin' :innocent0

Fortunately, we seem to have gotten rid of our feral cats. Oh yeah, we do have a coyote that roams around from time to time. Maybe he helped with the cats. :D

Two Feral Cats were wanting and getting into my trash cans so bad I made it happen permanent yesterday. My Marlin 39A did just fine:mad54:

Rob

Feral cats are responsible for killing about a billion birds and small mammals annually. .you did the world a favor. In most countries they are hunted as vermin..here in the US where people wear their emotions on their sleeve and have lost their ability to think they would rather allow the cats to kill rather than kill the cats...

Not sure if this applies to anybody else's neighborhood, but we seem to have some folks around here who feel it's good to feed the wildlife, which has resulted in another bumper crop of foxes. They're getting so bold that they roam the street in daylight now. Saw a beautiful one yesterday morning at 10:30 just trotting down the middle of the street like it owned the place. Would have made a good mount.

A few days ago a neighbor tied his trash can lid down to discourage pilfering, and thought it was secure. Nope. Something (I suspect a fox) managed to get the lid off and shred all the trash and bags in the can, and scatter the mess all over the yard.

I think having one of each of the scavengers (fox, ground hog, raccoon and opossum) is a very good thing for the ecology of the neighborhood (fairly dense residential), but when they start to over reproduce, they get into mischief and their herd just might have to get thinned. Just sayin' :innocent0

Fortunately, we seem to have gotten rid of our feral cats. Oh yeah, we do have a coyote that roams around from time to time. Maybe he helped with the cats. :D

I have the predator pro app on my phone..Saturday while deer hunting I heard a few foxes carrying on relatively close so I turned on an injured rabbit sound..sure enough within 2 minutes I had 2 foxes circling my tree..lucky for them I was deer hunting..they will get there's soon enough

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    My farm is 1 mile away from anybody else's home. I get "drop off" cats and Dogs multiple times over the year. I don't need any body else's cast-offs. I can tell you that in my plain old fashioned 1st language English! If you want to rescue the critters then come here and deal with them! SCR/SAR Patriot - "SARCASM" is a low form of wit which you readily demonstrated! I readily invite you to come and rescue the worthless varmits. Meanwhile the Marlin will do it job as any good tool is asked to do.

Rob

No thanks, you can’t keep it to yourself.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    I've watched a neighbor's cat attack birds at my feeder and found feathers a few times. Caught it once in a have-a-heart trap and when I talked to her about it she took great pride in telling how it was rescued from the shelter. She was politely informed if it's in the trap again it might make it back to the shelter.

With a recent install of security cameras I have discovered a few new feral cats that travel through the yard so it's time to set more traps

Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Never mind the cats or foxes. Bunny Rabbits are far more destructive and dangerous. I have one in my yard I haven't seen. It comes in through or under the fence, and leaves pellets for my dogs to eat, and has eaten my perennial down to the ground:mad54:
    Watch out, they jump high and go for your throat....and that movie was?:D

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Never mind the cats or foxes. Bunny Rabbits are far more destructive and dangerous. I have one in my yard I haven't seen. It comes in through or under the fence, and leaves pellets for my dogs to eat, and has eaten my perennial down to the ground:mad54:
    Watch out, they jump high and go for your throat....and that movie was?:D

They can only be destroyed by the holy hand grenade.

Attachments

• Monty.python.holy_.grail_.bunny_.rabbit.jpg
      Monty.python.holy_.grail_.bunny_.rabbit.jpg
      26.1 KB · Views: 357

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    We rescue Ferals, trapped one this summer and took him to get neutered and shots, etc. Only 50 bucks with mobile animal hospital via the Carroll County Humane Society. I am amazed at this little guys survival skills. I watched as he clawed a dove in mid air once. But then looked back at me as if to say "I can handle this, lady." He climbs to the very tippy top of pine trees looking for squirrels, etc. And though he's a feline, he is far from a *****. This cat, who we have fondly named Mosby after John S. Mosby, is very trusting of us after 9 months. He has become part of our family. All cats are predators but this little guy has very impressive hunting skills. A real survivor against nature. If he had a gun, he'd be dangerous.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I put a bluebird box out, years ago. Fought off house sparrows (another invasive species) so they'd have a chance. Finally, I got a nesting pair. They successfully raised and fledged broods of bluebird babies for the next 2 years.

Then around 2016(?) both parents were killed by a thoughtless neighbor's cat. All 5 baby bluebirds died within a few hours.

Bluebirds have never returned to the box.

So f--k feral cats in particular, but also "outdoor" cats which are nothing but senseless murder machines, and their brain-dead owners.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Feral cats are responsible for killing about a billion birds and small mammals annually. .you did the world a favor. In most countries they are hunted as vermin..here in the US where people wear their emotions on their sleeve and have lost their ability to think they would rather allow the cats to kill rather than kill the cats...

Yep. I will shoot a cat anytime I have the opportunity. I have a cat. It doesn’t go out. Why are there no quail in MD? 30 years ago there were quail and pheasant in abundance in Harford County. Now.....none. It’s people’s f’ing cats. You want a cat? Keep the f’er indoors.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Had a big problem with feral cats a few years ago, idiots in the apartements down the street put food out, and let them breed constantly. Most of the town trapped and shot any cats they could find, threw the carcasses over the apartment's fence. Took a few months but the problem went away. IMO soon as your "pet" leaves your yard outside of your control, it's fair game

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom