• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Background: I am putting together a rifle with a part I have been scolded for buying...but it was already being shipped and I'm going to make a go of it.

I have the fancy schamancy 2A Armament Titanium Regulated Bolt Carrier, (RBCG) where the gas is controlled by a "half moon" gate screw on the bolt.

Problem: I want an ambi charging handle but keep coming across this kind of warning even with regular charging handles:

NOTE: Not compatible with adjustable gas keyed bolt carrier groups.

I would like an ambi CH, but will take anything that will work with my fancy schamancy RBCG. What are your recommendations?

TIA

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Raptor is the only way to fly, their new overmolded handle is a lot cheaper than the regular milled aluminum one. Much smoother and quicker to use than any other. And 2A has one on a few stock pics showing off their adjustable BCG, so probably no issues with compatibility. Also "adjustable gas keys" were an older design with a screw in the gas key to choke off gas, the 2A carrier adjusts on the side of the carrier, and uses a gas key with normal dimentions

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171104-084604.jpg
      Screenshot_20171104-084604.jpg
      19.4 KB · Views: 144

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Raptor is the only way to fly, their new overmolded handle is a lot cheaper than the regular milled aluminum one. Much smoother and quicker to use than any other. And 2A has one on a few stock pics showing off their adjustable BCG, so probably no issues with compatibility. Also "adjustable gas keys" were an older design with a screw in the gas key to choke off gas, the 2A carrier adjusts on the side of the carrier, and uses a gas key with normal dimentions

Great info, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom