• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    It was a great experience being there, but a bit frustrating because so few of us were able to ask questions. I think the moderator said there were about 100 of us in the studio audience and while I didn't count I'd guess only about 20 folks got picked to ask questions.

I chose not to raise my hands because I when I saw only a small portion of us were going to get the floor I deferred to my daughter to increase her chances.

Her original planned question was sorta covered by others, so instead she was going to go after the BC State Attorney (Shellenberger), re: him ignoring the ammo ban under 21 that, yes, would affect hunters (despite his claims), ROTC, and folks serving in the military. She was kind of upset at him leaving all of that out. Alas she too also didn't get picked.

On a personal note: Also unfortunately for her shortly after we got home and I put my daughter (Victoria) to bed, her dog, which had been sick for some time, started bleeding profusely. Like a lot. We knew we had to find a 24 hour vet and put her down right then. So we got Victoria back up so she could say goodbye to her first and only dog, and then I didn't have the heart to tell her she couldn't go to the vet with us. When we got back I started to dig a grave while Victoria and my wife cleaned the copious amount of blood that was all over the carpet. They got done at 2 AM; I just finished a little while ago. So it's going to be about 2 hours of sleep for me tonight. I told Victoria she could take off from school this morning but I have to go into work. Sigh.

Sorry, Ray. Please send well-wishes to Victoria.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It was a great experience being there, but a bit frustrating because so few of us were able to ask questions. I think the moderator said there were about 100 of us in the studio audience and while I didn't count I'd guess only about 20 folks got picked to ask questions.

I chose not to raise my hands because I when I saw only a small portion of us were going to get the floor I deferred to my daughter to increase her chances.

Her original planned question was sorta covered by others, so instead she was going to go after the BC State Attorney (Shellenberger), re: him ignoring the ammo ban under 21 that, yes, would affect hunters (despite his claims), ROTC, and folks serving in the military. She was kind of upset at him leaving all of that out. Alas she too also didn't get picked.

On a personal note: Also unfortunately for her shortly after we got home and I put my daughter (Victoria) to bed, her dog, which had been sick for some time, started bleeding profusely. Like a lot. We knew we had to find a 24 hour vet and put her down right then. So we got Victoria back up so she could say goodbye to her first and only dog, and then I didn't have the heart to tell her she couldn't go to the vet with us. When we got back I started to dig a grave while Victoria and my wife cleaned the copious amount of blood that was all over the carpet. They got done at 2 AM; I just finished a little while ago. So it's going to be about 2 hours of sleep for me tonight. I told Victoria she could take off from school this morning but I have to go into work. Sigh.

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes

Rough night for you and your family Ray. I hope all turns out well.

elbaz

May 17, 2012
    Cockeysville
    Someone just tweeted this:

#WBFFTownHall will re-air the Gun control debate on channel 45. 2 tomorrow at 6 pm. Then again Sunday 3-31 on #FOX45 at 3pm.

Sorry for your family loss Ray, nothing beats the love of a dog. But the dogs relatively short life time is the price we pay for all of that unconditional love.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I hope Fox doesn't Edit it to make it seem there were no Pro-2a people there....... you gotta remember this is FOX aka Liberal <MOM> garbage station

Actually, 45 has been pretty damn neutral through all of this.
    The moderator last night was more than fair and put down falsehoods.

I said it before in an earlier post -- if you edited out all the opposition to more gun control, there would only be a few minutes of program remaining.

If the piece that ends up on the website is less than 90 minutes, then we can call shens.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Thanks to all for your kind thoughts re: Victoria's dog. I'll pass them along to her tonight when I get home. It will make her feel better to see that people responded to her loss. I didn't mean to hijack the thread however.

Ref: the position of the moderator, I think he was on our side. I thought that during the debate when he smacked down Shellenberger ref: claiming the Second Amendment meant only common use firearms of that era, to which he retorted something about ink wells and quill pens for the First Amendment. But my suspicions were confirmed when I watched the 11 PM Fox 45 news coverage of the town hall. Following that broadcast he did an editorial on the subject and it was positive towards us.

elbaz

May 17, 2012
    Cockeysville
    Jennifer Gilbert @jennifergfox45 was only tweeting pro gun control quotes from the town hall. To be fair I was only tweeting pro-2A stuff but I was not the one hosting the Town Hall. She has the right to her opinion but should not be using her Fox 45 account to drive her personal agenda.

Don't worry babalooie21204, if they were to edit out all the pro 2A comments it would be very short show.

BamBam

Free Man
    Jan 23, 2013
    Sykesville, MD
    Has this been posted anywhere yet to view and further distribute around the blogosphere? I didn't get to ask my question, but yelled out some challenges to their misrepresentations during the event.

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    I guess I am out of luck to see it on TV, I have direcTV so no 45.2 and I do not have an antenna to get it over the air.

BamBam

Free Man
    Jan 23, 2013
    Sykesville, MD
    Go to the Fox News Townhall page on their web site and check out comments below. Widely pro gun. Except for one lady from angry moms against somethign or other... who posted anti gun rhetoric 50 times. Making it a crusade to respond every time she does it. Check in, and debunk her where necessary~!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom