• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Did anyone hear the Tom Marr show today on WCBM? I turned on the radio and caught the tail end of a conversation with Tom Marr and Allen about the email sent by "MOM" on 2/7. I didn't get the whole thing, but I'm pretty sure it was Allen Ellis.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    Wcbm is one of my "go to" stations but I can't listen much any more during the day. Up here in Ceciltucky we can get good programs on 580 and 910 AM too.What was the jist of the comments by Allen?

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    From what I heard, it was about the letter from MOM to the state's hunters, about his agenda, and how it won't effect them (me). In case you did not see it, this:

February 7, 2013

Dear Friend,

I wanted to make sure you are aware of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources' latest Junior Waterfowl Hunting Day, which takes place this Saturday, February 9. Junior Hunting Days provide wonderful opportunities for young hunters and their adult mentors to get outside and enjoy the proud tradition of hunting in Maryland.

Hunting is a part of our history and is woven into the fabric of our State’s culture. We appreciate everything you and all other conservation-minded hunters do for Maryland.

I also want to take this opportunity to address you directly about the proposal we recently introduced to reduce gun violence. Our goal is to enact common sense proposals to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals, and to try to reduce the risk of a mass shooting like the one that occurred in Newtown.

Let me be clear: We are committed to protecting hunters and their traditions. That's why we specifically carved out shotguns and rifles from the licensing requirements of our bill.

This bill will NOT impact your ability to introduce a young hunter to the sport and the conservation stewardship ethic borne of that experience.

Good luck on Saturday and I look forward to hearing your stories from the field.

Sincerely,

Martin O’Malley
    Governor

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    The old divide and conquer stunt being pulled by MOM. The notice of Junior Hunting day was just a pretext to get his gun ban message out the day after the judiciary hearing on SB 281.

Apparently several of the receipents are pissed since he obtained their email address from DNR hunting license records.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    Yes, Ellis said that many were very upset about this. I didn't get one but would be POed too. MoM is a dirtbag.

Vic

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    The old divide and conquer stunt being pulled by MOM. The notice of Junior Hunting day was just a pretext to get his gun ban message out the day after the judiciary hearing on SB 281.

Apparently several of the receipents are pissed since he obtained their email address from DNR hunting license records.
    I filed a PIA request for all info associated with me, the email stunt, the database used, ect.

We shall see how that turns out. I know another member here did likewise.

I would love to know what was said on this interview though.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick

To me I would believe this is a use of State resources for political purposes.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    So, I've been listening to the pod cast. There is an interview with Rep Andy Harris (gun part starts at 1 hour 40 minutes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom