Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Closed Thread

Old August 13th, 2010, 10:56 AM #571
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairba111 View Post
Wonder what they would think if they came back and saw how the world is nowadays.
TD

They would say, "TO ARMS, TO ARMS! Down with tyrants!
They would water the tree of liberty with blood, if need be.
Old August 13th, 2010, 11:49 AM #572
Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles71 View Post
I just keep thinking about the founding fathers sitting in a room, writting the constitution, saying to themselves "Thats good, how could anyone take that the wrong way? Seems very clear the way it is worded." and then "how about those amendments, they seem like good clarification. Especially that 2nd one, lets keep it short and to the point."

Wonder what they would think if they came back and saw how the world is nowadays.
TD
This would pretty much sum it up....
Attached Images

Antaa tulla vaan!
Old August 13th, 2010, 02:00 PM #573

That's a great picture there h2u, and I am inclined to agree with Patrick's "strippers and coke" theory when it comes to the NRA
Old August 13th, 2010, 02:04 PM #574
Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozwyn View Post
That's a great picture there h2u, and I am inclined to agree with Patrick's "strippers and coke" theory when it comes to the NRA
Picture was "borrowed" from one of the MDS members. I loved the picture because it IS worth a thousand words...
I'd also like to think that right after George utters "WTF", he pulls a pistol and starts cleaning house - old school.....I can at least dream

Antaa tulla vaan!
Old August 13th, 2010, 02:45 PM #575
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynter View Post
Just joined NRA yesterday. Will be joining MSI and SAF next week. Why isn't the NRA in this fight???
They are more worried about JOB SECURITY than the second ammendment and your rights. They have joined the NAACP in preferring something to raise money about than any meaningful solution to the issues.
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:49 PM #576
Agent provocateur

Agent provocateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles71 View Post
A little off topic but my wife told me tonight that they have a sign at the local Toy R Us stating "No firearms on the premises". She hadnt really noticed it before and we have only recently been going to Toys R Us due to our first sons birth. Since I am "always on the computer talking about guns" she told me about this.

It hadnt hit me how stupid this practice is until now. Bad Guy "Gee, I wonder what store I should rob? Maybe the one with no guns allowed."

One of the most important things I could protect would be my son and wife, makes me wonder. What will happen if this suit is won, will some businesses start to lose customers?

TD
Simple answer Yes. Pretty much my philosophy with the state of MD right now. Establishments will begin to see these, if only from myself should this go positive...

"We find that whole communities suddenly fix their minds upon one object, and go mad in its pursuit; that millions of people become simultaneously impressed with one delusion, and run after it, till their attention is caught by some new folly more captivating than the first."
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:49 PM #577
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvymax View Post
They are more worried about JOB SECURITY than the second ammendment and your rights. They have joined the NAACP in preferring something to raise money about than any meaningful solution to the issues.
Think about it, Rev's Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton do not want equal rights. If that were to occur beyond a shadow of a doubt, they would be out of a job. Therefore, they keep raising doubt.

Is the NRA, therefore, "raising doubt", or are they in the fight. Inquiring minds want to know.
Old August 13th, 2010, 04:18 PM #578
MSI Executive Member

MSI Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynter View Post
Just joined NRA yesterday. Will be joining MSI and SAF next week. Why isn't the NRA in this fight???
Because the NRA has become a bunch of complacent fat cats - they are only interested in preserving their position and the status quo. They have become a huge bureaucratic political monster, and as such they have to play the political game.

The NRA has to pick and choose their agenda and battles very carefully. They don't want to risk burning political capital or bad press that would make them appear weak or ineffectual. That's the nature of politics. So why would they want to go to bat for us in MD and risk anything? They won't.

That doesn't work for me. I need my rights protected and I was counting on the NRA to back me. Instead they waited for someone else to do all the work and then they jumped on the band wagon and tried to make it look like they were in the fight the whole time. Typical spineless political maneuvering. IMHO the NRA's behavior was pathetic and shameful.

I did not renew my NRA membership and I am drafting a letter to them to explain that the SAF is the organization that best represents my interests. It was the SAF that challenged D.C., it was the SAF that tackled Chicago, it was the SAF that is going after NY and now MD. The SAF and GOA are now the recipients of my hard earned cash.

Time to change the guard
Old August 13th, 2010, 04:48 PM #579

The NRA does certify instructors, and I am sure it is nice to have an organization behind you for liability. To bad the SAF doesnt have an instructor certification, or do they?

Does anyone else besides the NRA do this certification thing for instructors?

TD
Old August 13th, 2010, 04:56 PM #580
MSI Executive Member

MSI Executive Member

The NRA still does good work in the sporting and instructor side of things. They did great technical work on range safety and backstop construction that someone here pointed my way. It's good stuff.

I think the problem is they cry about protecting our rights to get our money and then we are disappointed when they are MIA.

I would not be surprised to find someone from the NRA here on the forum. More than a few instructors. Seriously would like to hear the things they've done for us in MD. Maybe it's all a big misunderstanding and we simply are ignorant of the facts.

Or maybe they do need to step up. In which case, join the discussion and tell us how you will help.

But something in my head tells me the NRA is not watching the flow here because they are so absent from MD they could care less what we think or say about them. I hope they prove us wrong, because we need lots of help here. Let the SAF fight in the courts; we need power on the ground in Annapolis working both fronts at the same time.
Closed Thread

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Tags
woollard