• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I think someone said they may be dropping soon. So let's start a thread.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm looking for a 12' x 20' for the back yard. Let me know if anyone finds one. :lol2:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Find where they have been yarding up covering from winter storms and winds, trails that cross ditches and where they feed at night and the route they take to bed. Walk kinda slow and when you see something white, check it out with your bino's. Once you get used to spotting them it gets a little easier. If its white or off white and looks out of place, could be one. If your real lucky you can drive and look into fields with your bino's or old rifle scope.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    As I said in another thread, I went out last weekend and put on some miles. Did not find a single shed. Jumped up lots of deer. Mostly bucks. All the bucks I saw still had both sides still attached. I remember last year, I went out beginning of March and found nothing(my honey-hole). Went back two weeks later and found a few. Went back two weeks after that and not another one.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Did you all see the the chicken wire fence trick between two trees with corn at the bottom of the chicken wire? Start in January and the bucks eat the corn at night and rub the antlers eating the corn and they fall off right next to the fence.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/8-genius-antler-trap-ideas-sheds-start-dropping/
    Never had much luck with that, if others are hunting them nearby you can miss out unless your pretty isolated.
    Theres a nice buck running around my buddies house with a feed bag wrapped up in its antlers right now. I want to get a picture of it but seeing him at dark. Funny as hell.

As I said in another thread, I went out last weekend and put on some miles. Did not find a single shed. Jumped up lots of deer. Mostly bucks. All the bucks I saw still had both sides still attached. I remember last year, I went out beginning of March and found nothing(my honey-hole). Went back two weeks later and found a few. Went back two weeks after that and not another one.

Its a little early around my way but we have picked some up by doing just that, jumping them and having them cast off when they flee.
    Some dead heads are showing up from the early season kill off I seen some average stuff the other day. Most are still horned that I'm seeing on that are still on their feet.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

someone else finding them before you? I think that happens a lot here.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    someone else finding them before you? I think that happens a lot here.
    Always a possibility, but I only see my tracks. There are places I can go but don't because I know others hunt antlers there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

melikou1

Aug 31, 2017
    The 'Dena, MD
    Saw the first one-sided buck on my backyard camera last night. Young buck with 3 points and not much mass on the side that remained. Might have to take a walk a bit back into the woods to see if I can find anything.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    i saw a small herd last night that had about 4 bucks in it, 2 which were basket 8pts, all had both sides.

I'm going to put corn under the barb wire fence in a little bit.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Been scanning where I trap, haven't seen anything. The one farm I found 3 there in the same section of field, last season. Been scanning that field and not seeing anything. 1 was a nice 4 pt side.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    IMG_1866[2742].jpeg If it was a snake it would have bit me. Didn't even get to where I was going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom