• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Shooting in limited, to avoid having to delicately let the hammer down on the firing pin with sweaty fingers while having Match Nerves, is appealing.

Its done millions of times per year in uspsa. Are there NDs? Sure, but that's why you're pointed into the berm. You can also check out the thumb roll method.

I pinch and lower. Shadow 2 or SP01 with a race hammer. No issue at all.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Its done millions of times per year in uspsa. Are there NDs? Sure, but that's why you're pointed into the berm. You can also check out the thumb roll method.

I pinch and lower. Shadow 2 or SP01 with a race hammer. No issue at all.

Honestly? I’m totally comfortable with that. Trying to make sure Mrs Occam finds all of it enjoyable and not too stressful. She’s aced cowboy shoots though, so I’m not too worried. She often shoots WAY better than I do. Pistols like this are kinda new territory for her, so we’re feeling it out. She’s comfortable with her striker fired pistol, but this just adds a new wrinkle for her to work into her habits. We’ll get there!

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Honestly? I’m totally comfortable with that. Trying to make sure Mrs Occam finds all of it enjoyable and not too stressful. She’s aced cowboy shoots though, so I’m not too worried. She often shoots WAY better than I do. Pistols like this are kinda new territory for her, so we’re feeling it out. She’s comfortable with her striker fired pistol, but this just adds a new wrinkle for her to work into her habits. We’ll get there!

I'm still confused by the 'warning' from CZ Custom but it may just be a 'CYA' thing since I've never seen a CZ's thumb safety work unless the hammer was in the fully cocked position.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I handled the 97B. Gotta say, the Shadow Tac II’s trigged is amazing. More importantly, this is the one that felt right to Mrs. Occam. So, there you have it!

It's not the custom gun the Shadow II is, but it's when you want to shoot some .45ACP in IDPA CDP you pull the 97 out. (OP said "What's next"). You can always ship it off to get it custom.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    CZs are nice. Have an SP-01 Tactical and P-01 that have the Cajun Gun Works treatment (about three hours work each), a 75BD, P-07 and P-09. Oh, and a Scorpion pistol that needs a few upgrades. All great shooters, probably use the P-01 for IDPA competition next year. It's my fave.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Well, I did threaten some pictures. So here's the His & Hers CZ pair we're breaking in. The Shadow 2 is mine (so far! you never know with her!), and the custom shop 75 is hers. I can think of things I really like about them both, so if they had a baby and had the best of both guns, that would be even more betterer. Never the less, photos:

CZs_right-1024x681.jpg

CZs_muzzle-1024x683.jpg

CZs_pisces-1024x679.jpg

CZs_back-to-back-1024x680.jpg

CZs_back-683x1024.jpg

Last edited:

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Well, I did threaten some pictures. So here's the His & Hers CZ pair we're breaking in. The Shadow 2 is mine (so far! you never know with her!), and the custom shop 75 is hers. I can think of things I really like about them both, so if they had a baby and had the best of both guns, that would be even more betterer.

They're both awesome but that Tac II is, :drool:

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I’ve been fighting off the urge of a shadow 2 since picking one up in the shop. I’ve been trying to tell myself it’s too expensive but then there are so many other cheaper pistols cz makes that I’m having trouble finding excuses to not want to get rid of my glock and buy lol.

I just don’t wanna end up with a cheaper pistol and wish I got the shadow2 in the first place.

The fear of becoming a fan boy is real.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I’ve been fighting off the urge of a shadow 2 since picking one up in the shop. I’ve been trying to tell myself it’s too expensive but then there are so many other cheaper pistols cz makes that I’m having trouble finding excuses to not want to get rid of my glock and buy lol.

I just don’t wanna end up with a cheaper pistol and wish I got the shadow2 in the first place.

The fear of becoming a fan boy is real.
    We have the blue grip Shadow 2 in the shop. It just feels great . One day I will get a chance to shoot one .

Weird, no used ones ever come in. Wonder why.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So, a few weeks ago I decided I wanted something a little more match-shooting-friendly than my collection was offering. One thing led to another, and I came home with a Shadow 2. It's quite a thing. Mrs. Occam took a strong liking to it, but groused about the weight being just a bit more than she'd like, personally.

Another thing led to another, and ... we've now got a CZ 75 Shadow Tac II in jail, coming out at the end of the week. She handled it, and felt that custom shop trigger (holy crap, by the way!), and said, "We're getting that."

What's next? What have I done? Is there some sort of CZ inoculation I can get before it's too late?

Spoilers, no. There is nothing you can do.

Older and newer (if you will), but I’ve got a Cz50 and 82. I love them a lot. They’ve made me want everything Cz. I’ve shot a couple of 75s and I want one really, really bad. Also eyeing a Vz52 of all things (not a Cz52. Only Czech gun I’ve tried that didn’t seem right to me) and really want a Vz58. Plus a Vz24.

I’ve got the bug bad.

18wheeler

Mar 16, 2019
    Perryville
    7ZOOcZp.jpg

I totally get it. CZ's are incredibly well made, easy to shoot well, comfortable to shoot, extremely accurate...and represent one helluva value for the $$$ compared to other steel/alloy-framed pistols chambered in 9x19.

The only 'cure' for a two-year obsession was to shoot other stuff. I bought a couple of nice revolvers, picked-up a new shotgun, a 1911 and God forbid, a few polymer pistols that continue to amaze me by how great they work.

I don’t own or plan to own a CZ but that may be the best thing I’ve seen all day.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    only thing im not super sure I'd like is the way the action works vs. a standard glock action.

aren't they like a double action?

it throws me off lol

Yeah, it can be tricky to move between striker fired single action systems and hammer fired DA/SA. One of the mitigating factors on these fancy-pants CZs is that the double action is incredibly easy/pleasant to use.

Horseman308

Jan 27, 2016
    Yeah, pick up an STI. You'll be selling your CZs to fund picking up more 2:
    I've only shot one CZ, and it WAS nice. I had an STI Trojan 9mm for a few years, and it was the best out-of-the-box pistol I've ever shot. Sold it 'cause I'm not much of a pistol guy and wanted a nice .22lr rifle I had my eye on.

But the STI and the CZ seem like very different types of pistols.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Waking up my earlier summer new-to-CZs thread to report that I finally got my that Shadow 2 out to an actual match. And it was a blast. Despite several hundred earlier holes in paper, I was still very pleasantly surprised at what a treat this thing is to use while running around and clanging steel targets. I need to improve my draw-through-first-DA speed, though I really can't complain about the results. AGC's inaugural Steel Challenge game the other day was the perfect no-pressure environment to give it a whirl. And though I wasn't seeing it as a competition, I actually laughed out loud when I saw the emailed practiscore results - better than I thought! No question that if I'd used my B-Flat Beretta 92 as I did my first time out, I'd have been a lot slower (with its heavy trigger, awkward safety, etc). The manual hammer let-down on the CZ wasn't an obstacle at all. What a sweet pistol! Very happy with it in action.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Glad it worked well! Ill have to try the manual decocking and practice the da first shot. I've just been going up a division and starting cocked and locked with my 75B.

Looking back in the thread regarding the safety, I seem to remember when I was putting in a competition hammer and sear that it said the safety wouldn't work the same way. I don't remember now if it was from CZ custom or CGW.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Dammit. The whole "scratch that itch by buying a CZ so I won't want any more of them" plan is not working. You know what's a hoot? This is a hoot. Magpul 35-round mag. The Razor holo sight adds to the Star Wars feel:

cz_scorpion_razor_amg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom