• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoCoRes

Aug 22, 2014
    Howard County
    Anyone know what all the helo traffic over East Columbia is for? It been going on all morning long.

HoCoRes

Aug 22, 2014
    Howard County
    Makes sense. Most of the sound seems to becoming in the direction of the power lines and helos are flying low enough that I can’t see them.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    http://horizonhelo.com/flight-training/our-equipment/
    This is the company that does it.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1evD5UEYsOKDC-YTYiDhVmibcomhf8eSF/view?usp=sharing
    Here's a link to a video I took of the type of fly-bys they did every 2nd tues around noon for the past couple years. They were friggin obnoxious. I like aircraft(fighter-pilot dad and all), but they would hover about 50 feet off the ground over kids playing out at recess and in my classes to wave and be goofy. The first couple times were neat and I could talk to the kids about how cool it'd be to grow up and be a pilot...but then they kept friggin happening. Every time, I'd need 5 minutes to refocus my kids and get them back on track.

I yanked their tail number and our admin tried calling a few times to ask if they could just route around the perimeter of the school property, or just pass by quicker at more altitude...but they ignored it and kept buzzing us and hovering low over the kids.

I ended up talking with the FAA, who said they couldn't do anything since they had clearance for line inspection, but they'd ask them in their most polite government voice to kindly cut it out. They stopped buzzing us after that(back in april), so I guess they figured on finally knocking it off. What I cropped out in the picture below is about 150 kids out on the blacktop the helicopter was just hovering over.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 13.15.15.jpg
      Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 13.15.15.jpg
      14.2 KB · Views: 311

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads