• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I have found some setups that work and some that don't while searching the net. Looking to the collective knowledge here for input on combinations that work together well. I know the initial install of the rail and muzzle device may be tricky.

I was all set on the KAC URX until I found out the barrel nut wrench was so expensive.

Thanks

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I know the Daniel Defense 10.3" barrels and the Mk18 rails are extremely close-fitting with a 51T AAC mount. It requires an extremely thin wrench to get that installed and working properly. It is doable, but that's about .75" of clearance.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Not an 11... this one has a 5" barrel.
    Does this work for you?

web.jpg

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    DD/LaRue/KAC/Troy Rail Systems are a complete waste for the cost/benefit. Im a huge LaRue fan too but their Rail Systems do nothing more that competitvely priced competitors offer.

Save the cash and buy a M.I. or YHM, almost any Suppressor or Suppressor Mount or D.I. Gas Block will fit inside them.

Last edited:

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Chad is correct.

I am also a big fan of LaRue, but in the photo above, you will see a YHM Diamond series 9" rail that easilly swallowed the Gemtech Multimount suppressor.

It all depends on what you want...

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Thanks for the follow up guys. I've been looking at YHM and Rainier. Hell, something new may be out by the time my stamps get here.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Rainier's version of the Samson Evolution rail is a great choice. It's very affordable and comes with 2 rail sections and a QD swivel mount that you can place anywhere along the rail. It also has a large enough ID to fit most suppressors. I'm eyeing one myself for my 9mm AR SBR. Although I just bought the can for it (SWR Octane9 HD) so I have a considerable wait till I plan on picking up the rail. For now I'm just gonna use the existing rail and my Osprey9. It might look a little funky with the Osprey but I bet its gonna sound great.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Seeking precision Bar rail will swallow cans up to 1.8" in diameter. I used one in a recent 300 blk build.

Seekins and Spikes BAR rail are identical, except that spiked had their logo laser engraved on the lower part of the rail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom