• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tenishasc

Oct 23, 2015
    Looking for safety harness & want to consider the option of a rock climbing harness based on blood pooling problems I keep hearing about from conventional harnesses. Consider the recommendations of specific equipment and where to go for your purchase. You want to use both the rope and the safety rope in combination with tree and ladder posts.
    Need a new seat belt and want to consider a climbing belt based on blood
    Thanks for any/all help.

Last edited:

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Not super helpful here but I picked mine up online somewhere. It’s a black diamond brand harness and has meet my expectations. I attach mine to a prussic knot on a safety line and never allow more than a few feet of slack in the safety line. It works great and I find it to be a huge improvement in convenience and comfort over the typical hunter safety harnesses.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    REI has a few, and a rope hanging from the ceiling for you to try it out. I have a Black Diamond Momentum for Rock climbing, and it's comfortable and good for a basic harness. Some others have a wider belt or more padding. Being I spend the majority of the time climbing, and not hanging I like the less bulky harnesses, more comfortable for wearing around, and properly adjusted they are OK for most lowering. Main advantage of the really wide/ soft harnesses is lead climbing where you can drop 10' or more and get a hard jerk when your belay catches you.

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    Get a big wall harness, not a sport climbing harness. Much more padding and webbing surface area.

The Black Diamond Big Gun Harness is a perfect example of what you will want to get.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Why is blood pooling in the legs an issue or concern? If you find yourself in suspension, just lower yourself to the ground.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about the particulars of tree stand hunting but I climb trees and fly around in them suspended by rope(s) to cut them down.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    +1 for REI. My daughter and I both have Black Diamond harnesses and loved them.

DCSCO

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2008
    Frederick County
    Check our wesspur.com for good selection and information.

Also sherrilltree.com
    Buckinghammfg.com
    And lots of YouTube info out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads