• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Filled out a new 77R on the MSP Licensing Portal today. Took notice of the summary of my last 10 purchases (dates, status, etc...). Just noticed that before they were always deemed simply “not disapproved” just as the received email confirmation of pickup always states (or stated), but now 8 out of the 10 in history displayed say “initial review not disapproved”. Two still are designated plain old “not disapproved”, and not in consecutive order. When did it start saying that, and what does that mean? Each of them all said just “not disapproved” when they processed out initially.

Is there now two classifications of approval, and/or might there be something I may need to retroactively deal with going forward? Weird, methinks.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Going forward? My gawd that simple-ass phrase really gets in my crawl. There is no remaining still in time, nor going backwards...there can only be forward and saying it is redundant. Why not say instead, “later”? So’k, you’re infected by modern day fancy talk and I remain an a**hole.

...and what’s a “crawl” that stuff gets into?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Filled out a new 77R on the MSP Licensing Portal today. Took notice of the summary of my last 10 purchases (dates, status, etc...). Just noticed that before they were always deemed simply “not disapproved” just as the received email confirmation of pickup always states (or stated), but now 8 out of the 10 in history displayed say “initial review not disapproved”. Two still are designated plain old “not disapproved”, and not in consecutive order. When did it start saying that, and what does that mean? Each of them all said just “not disapproved” when they processed out initially.

Is there now two classifications of approval, and/or might there be something I may need to retroactively deal with going forward? Weird, methinks.

I called about this. Evidently this is situation normal. I was told this is one officers "protocol." I have it more than once interspersed with the normal not disapproved. Some here have speculated that it has something to do with paperwork not coming back on time. Or a referral to the handgun roster to double check. Or designated collector check. Or that its Glocktober and you bought a revolver in violation of policy. But based on my call, no need for tinfoil. More than the usual amount that is.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Craw.

Another name for a bird's crop. Where food stays for a bit to get ground up before heading farther down the digestive system. When you've got something stuck in your craw, it's like something stuck in your throat - something you can't swallow. Which is why it's a phrase used when you have to deal with something unpleasant.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Going forward? My gawd that simple-ass phrase really gets in my crawl. There is no remaining still in time, nor going backwards...there can only be forward and saying it is redundant. Why not say instead, “later”? So’k, you’re infected by modern day fancy talk and I remain an a**hole.

Not sure about a crawl, but a craw is the pre-stomach where many birds accumulate grit/sand/pebbles to grind the seeds they eat before passing into the stomach. Here's Merriam-Webster's definition.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

Wow, someone that goes off on post # 2 to that level for zero reason should really learn the word is craw, and not “crawl”. Bad day today?

Last edited:

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Missed that post, I did look but my search skills suck. I just thought it was weird, because every single one of the emails I’ve gotten at the end of my “cooling off period” all did say “not disapproved” like always and the gun was picked up. I only just noticed today that the web history on my portal account has the alternate wording. I never really looked at that part at all, just waited for the email approval. Thanks to all for letting me know that this isn’t an issue, and that I’m not the only one.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Wow, someone that goes off on post # 2 to that level for zero reason should really learn the word is craw, and not “crawl”. Bad day today?

Yesterday was a fine day...for being an old chromogen. I accept all barbs, slings and arrows.

Occamw and Mr. Ed posting a minute apart...cool.

OP , maybe my grumpiness bumped your post. Hope it did, anyway.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Yesterday was a fine day...for being an old chromogen. I accept all barbs, slings and arrows.

Occamw and Mr. Ed posting a minute apart...cool.

OP , maybe my grumpiness bumped your post. Hope it did, anyway.

Curmudgeon. We can do a whole thread on your malapropisms.

Beach Runner

Mar 20, 2018
    Is there anything preventing MSP from doing a second review at any given date later in time? One layer Dan lol.

Just a guess here, but is it possible that all applications go through "initial review not disapproved" status pending final review by a sworn officer. That final reviewing officer then may then choose:

1) mark "not disapproved" allowing the firearm to be picked up at that point, or

2) not mark anything thereby allowing the full 7 day review period to run.

I have lost track of whether applicants were still receiving "not disapproved" before the full 7 days, or whether the system was automatically holding them for the full time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom