• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I appreciate all the responses thus far. Cost is only somewhat of a factor here. Would like to keep it under $800 but I am not intending to mount a $150 scope on a $2K rifle.

The Viper PST and Mark AR's far in that price range and are very serviceable scopes.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Well, if the price range is $1000 or less, I'd be looking at a Trijicon TR24, Leupold VX-6 1-6x w/ firedot, Pride Fowler 1-4x, or GRSC 1-6x.

But, frankly, I'd rather have the right $300 scope on my $2000 gun than the wrong $800 scope. Price is just a factor...

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Any opinions on the Burris AR-332? It's a 3X with red and green reticles.

I know two people that have them and like them but haven't used them much. My brother bought one and returned it because the reticle was canted. The one they replaced it with was the same way. He got his money back and is considering other options.

Peartree

May 25, 2013
    Mt Airy
    I'm starting to look around for a mid-range setup for my wife's new M&P 15 Sport. This info was very helpful. Thanks!

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    I'm starting to look around for a mid-range setup for my wife's new M&P 15 Sport. This info was very helpful. Thanks!

Here are a couple high value optic packages I picked up for my Sports - middle is Leatherwood CMR 1-4x24 in a Burris PEPR mount. On the right is Aimpoint PRO red dot. Both are excellent!!

Review on the Leatherwood:

http://www.warriortalknews.com/2011/02/hi-lux-leatherwood-cmr-1-4x24-test-and-evaluation-.html

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/01/10/hi-lux-leatherwood-cmr-1-4x24mm-riflescope/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l27uTiDjre0

Buy the package at SWFA with the mount for under $350.

http://swfa.com/Leatherwood-1-4x24-CMR-Tactical-30mm-Rifle-Scope-Kit-P47565.aspx

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      79.3 KB · Views: 108

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Can''t comment on 1-4x, but, I've got a couple of the Nikon ProStaff 2-7x scopes and I REALLY like 'em!!!!

Great glass for the $$$. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You just can't beat the Nikon ProStaff 2-7x. It will do anything you need it to do. Within reason of course.

Great clarity even at dusk and dawn. Many a Bambi have fallen prey to the power of the ProStaff. Works equally well in dense wood (2) and open field (7). And if ya ain't sure, set it on 4.

And don't let anyone in here tell you you can't put a so-called "Fud" scope on your AR platform either. Unless your a trained sniper and going overseas to "Get Some", all the extra bells and whistles and tactical knobs don't mean Jack. Set it and forget it and use hold-over when you need it.

K.I.S.S. works.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Well, if the price range is $1000 or less, I'd be looking at a Trijicon TR24, Leupold VX-6 1-6x w/ firedot, Pride Fowler 1-4x, or GRSC 1-6x.

But, frankly, I'd rather have the right $300 scope on my $2000 gun than the wrong $800 scope. Price is just a factor...

^^^^^^^^^^^This in a nutshell^^^^^^^^^^^^

And please don't take this the wrong way, but most guns and most scopes can out shoot their owner.

It's the man behind the gun and the glass. Not the gun and the glass itself.

I'm not telling you to mount a 35 dollar Simmons with 10 dollar Weaver rings, but you don't need to spend 800 dollars either. The whole object is to have fun, not go broke in doing so.

Just my .025

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom