O.K. you guys have always been so helpful.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtarpley59

live free or die
    Jan 6, 2010
    Churchton
    I have always been able to learn so much from here I am hopping to learn some more. I am starting to trick out some of my guns and I am looking at lights. I know surefire is a popular go to, but what are some others any recommendation or pros and cons of light. Let the discussion begin. :D

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    How much are you looking to spend? I put a light on my M4gery using a 1" scope ring and a small LED light I got from Advanced Auto Parts. I've put over 100 rounds through the carbine with the light attached and it still works. Don't use a filament bulb light, get an LED.

Jim

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I bought a super bright LED aluminum light with gold contacts on Ebay for $5.99 shipped. I mean really bright. I'll see if i can find the link, but on ebay search 20W or 30W LED flashlisght, it should be there. Liked it so much I bought 2 more, one for the wife's van, one for the shotgun.

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    So I have a Surefire on my M4. I was shooting the Appleseed AQT and it was getting dark - couldn't see the 400yd target. What I should have done was turn the freaking light on and see the target.... but I didn't and finished 8 pts shy of Rifleman :tdown:

I have this job here and think its a great setup: http://www.vikingtactics.com/pop-vtac_surefire_L4.html

Even if you don't plan on shooting at night, light is so important for low light situations (clouds, early morning, late afternoon). If you can't see the target, it is very tough to shot it.

Also, in total darkness, these high power lights are a very effective non-lethal weapon. Just try turning it on at a mirror in a pitch black room. Look at the light in the mirror and tell me if you are ready to fight after that...

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Streamlight isn't too bad. Look at the types of batteries and the battery life, also what the type of light is. LED lights will last longer than a traditional bulb and run a lot cooler as well.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If not Surefire then I only use these:

Insight
    Primary Arms
    Streamlight

The rest are really poor quality.

If it's going on a shotgun then it better be Surefire or one of the above in LED format

jtarpley59

live free or die
    Jan 6, 2010
    Churchton
    Thanks guys I love this freaking site it has educated me and emptied my pockets all at the same time feels just like a four year university the MDS university of higher learning. Were we will educate you and help feed your gun buying addition.:D

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    How much are you looking to spend? I put a light on my M4gery using a 1" scope ring and a small LED light I got from Advanced Auto Parts. I've put over 100 rounds through the carbine with the light attached and it still works. Don't use a filament bulb light, get an LED.

Jim

+1. 3 for $10 flashlights and $6 a pair rings what's not to like.

Sirex