• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Merry Christmas to me. Brand new moto g7. Dropped phone and screen cracked up. 179.00 new and they want 120. to repair. Any ideas or just take the loss. Very pissed.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

rickinboots

TEAM GET' UM
    Jun 12, 2011
    Pasadena
    Check YouTube to see if you can replace yourself. I have replaced numerous iPhone screens myself for the cost of a screen on amazon. Maybe $30

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    What I'm saying is does your cc provide any insurance? I had same problem some years ago and Citi provides some accidental coverage upon purchase. Got a new screen installed by Samsung for nothing.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    What I'm saying is does your cc provide any insurance? I had same problem some years ago and Citi provides some accidental coverage upon purchase. Got a new screen installed by Samsung for nothing.
    I will check on that. Thanks.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    OtterBox case! Not sure if they make one for that model, but my phone has been well protected for so many years, most of the new apps won't work on it!

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    oh you won't believe how easy and cheap they are to replace. No special tool needed. Those screens can be had for around $30. I replaced my Samsung j7 a year ago for $25 at Amazon and using YouTube on how to instruction. Do it, it is fun.:D

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Going to try replacing screen myself. Screen comes with tool kit , 13$. Not fun stuff for me. Thanks

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Going to try replacing screen myself. Screen comes with tool kit , 13$. Not fun stuff for me. Thanks

*****Dunno where you live, but there is a store here in King Farm, Gaithersburg that replaced my old iPhone screen for $70 while I ate Chinese food next door. It was an iPhone 6 and it took them about an hour or so. The egg rolls were a bit too soggy for my tastes, and they didn't give me enough crunchy thingies for my hot and sour soup, but the phone repair was top notch and was cheaper than the person who does it at Montgomery Mall.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Apparently Moto g7 is an oddball. They have to order the screen. The mall wanted$120. The cheapest real store front wanted 100.
    Phone only cost $179.
    Glen Burnie area.
    iPhones are way more popular and cheaper to work on,with accessories more available

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom