• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Two boxes of Federal 150 gr in it. 3 to set the sights zeroed at 50 yds. I must say, its one work of art! I'm impressed!!
    Better pics coming!

Attachments

• IMG_1034.jpg
      IMG_1034.jpg
      52.7 KB · Views: 282

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Pretty gun, the bolt looks much more Marlin 336 than Winchester 94. Never seen one up close and personal that I know of. The wood looks very Winchesterish.

Real nice black walnut one both pieces, with zero blems.

The bolt, ejector spring, and lever are really close to a Marlin, almost identical.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    The golden boys are very nice rifles. I have several of them. I just broke the tube magazine on the 44 for the 3rd time.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Very fine rifle. My first rifle was a Browning lever. I've only bought one other (compact version). My experience with the 30-30 is limited, but I must say it is probably Americas most popular deer rifle. Likely being overtaken by all the excellent 308's and semi-tactical but equally effective hunting rifles.

Have you read the story about the old timer that attended a Front Sight (maybe ThunderRanch) training event with his decades used 30-30 lever gun and out shot everyone else with their AR's?

I think it is a different story, but this was the first I found:
    http://www.leverguns.com/articles/thunder_ranch.htm

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Just be careful putting it in and getting it out of the safe. That thick super gloss blue octagon barrel doesn't like rubbing against shorter evil black rifles. I unfortunately know . . . :sad20: Got a nasty scratch one day and I am still kicking myself months later.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Just be careful putting it in and getting it out of the safe. That thick super gloss blue octagon barrel doesn't like rubbing against shorter evil black rifles. I unfortunately know . . . :sad20: Got a nasty scratch one day and I am still kicking myself months later.

Oh no doubt. It has a special spot in the safe!

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    If you find cheap ammo, let me know :)

I love my winchester but am running low on 3030 ammo

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    If you find cheap ammo, let me know :)

I love my winchester but am running low on 3030 ammo

I'm betting Cabelas (opens May 1) in christiana, de might have it cheap. Gunbot shows it around 70 cent per round right now?

If anything gets me into reloading, this rifle might!

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I'm betting Cabelas (opens May 1) in christiana, de might have it cheap. Gunbot shows it around 70 cent per round right now?

If anything gets me into reloading, this rifle might!

I bet they'll have some good deals and an inventory that will knock your eyes out! :thumbsup: Even Gander when first opened did but that eventually all petered out.... from racks full of quality used guns to one or two garbage Mosens at a time. I suspect Cabelas will do much better even in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom