• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marksman

"Sen. Delores G. Kelley (D-Baltimore County) also spoke up in favor of strict liability for dog owners.

“I am a victim of a dog bite,” she said. “I was four years old when I was bitten by a German Shepherd on the buttock. ... You may not see the scar, but emotionally it has affected me for the rest of my life.”

I'm pretty sure no one has ever asked to see her scar...:barf:

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    "Sen. Delores G. Kelley (D-Baltimore County) also spoke up in favor of strict liability for dog owners.

“I am a victim of a dog bite,” she said. “I was four years old when I was bitten by a German Shepherd on the buttock. ... You may not see the scar, but emotionally it has affected me for the rest of my life.”

I guess she hasn't heard of counseling. It's where you get over irrational fears.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I was nearly killed by a German Shepherd when I was 8. 1/4" from my jugular. I realized it was the owners fault not the dogs.

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    No , this is great ! I can already see posters and bumper stickers popping up for * Pet Lovers Against Frosh* . This can get traction even in his core turf .

The TV commercials write themselves. A little girl recounting mournfully how she hugged Bouncer goodbye before he went for his last car ride. A shot of the wind whistling through a deserted dog park. Final closeup of a collar and dog tags lying on the ground next to a fresh mound of dirt.

I hate it when the other side pulls this melodramatic emotional cr*p on us, but by God, bring it. Anything to get this menace to freedom and decency out of public life.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Irony

Like an earlier poster here, I have a couple of rescue pits and own guns. My fiancée and I are tax paying, upstanding, hard working residents of MoCo, but you would think we were criminals. We get treated like trash when looking for rental apartments because of our dogs. We can't live in several specific counties. As of feb 1, 2013, all state leases have a pit bull provision in them. We will end up homeless or move out of state. Now Md .gov wants my fingerprints and my hard earned money (licensing fees and training) because I'm a legal, law abiding gun owner?

I am so tired of this dump of a state and I only moved here 10 months ago. These renegade politicians and their "we know what's best for you attitude" make me physically ill.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    UFB. What a windfall for liability lawyers like him. No proof, just say-so.

My favorite:

By all means let's make society safe from whatever scared you as a four year old.

Trips to the dentist? Clowns? First day of school?

attachment.jpg
    here's one of my dog bites on the back of my right hand. I was picking up food on the ground near my aunt's border collie named limerick on alucard's 21st birthday. My knuckle got completely ripped open and I got numerous puncture wounds down to the bone on my thumb and the other side of my hand. I went to the hospital and got a bunch of stitches to close it up.

I'm not scarred for life, and happily own my dalmatian, stoney, now. I still love dogs and take that moment for what it was...a learning opportunity. It taught me to be mindful of food aggression in dogs I am not very familiar with.

Before that, when I was around 7 or 8, I was laying down next to my great-aunt's sleeping toy poodle named coquet when It woke up and bit me on the face. I had numerous puncture wounds on either side of my nose, but thankfully no damage to my eyes.....the poodle ended up with LOTS of damage to its eyes...:innocent0(my dad wasn't very happy with the dog at the time).

I'm not permanently scarred of small dogs and regularly play with my sister-in-law's pomeranian. I took that as a learning opportunity as well. Don't put my face in the space of a dog I don't know well...especially when it's sleeping.

It's silly to me that people don't know why god puts scars on us after something bad happens. It's a reminder of the lesson you learned so you can move forward as a stronger person. That person is an idiot.

rhull1971

Jul 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Remember he wants to be AG.

Consider his history on guns.

His history on dogs.

His history on violent felons and early release.

His history on protecting pedophiles.

The media won't remember. Will we?

My father always said that in MD, our local Government only wants you to have the RIGHT to be a victim. Seems as though he was correct! :mad54:

rhull1971

Jul 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    UFB. What a windfall for liability lawyers like him. No proof, just say-so.

My favorite:

By all means let's make society safe from whatever scared you as a four year old.

Trips to the dentist? Clowns? First day of school?

Oh yes... Let's be sure to ban Clowns in MD. Ringling Bros circus will have to have a special show if they want to tour throug the People Republic of MD.

On the other hand, if we ban CLOWNS in MD, we wouldn't have nearly as many politicians. Frosh would be gone immediately. LOL

rhull1971

Jul 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    He's always run unopposed, or with token opposition, if any. He's part of the MoCo and MD Dem machine, so opposition from within is heresy; He'll win in his quest for AG unless somebody big and credible steps up. It's gotta be a heavy hitter with state-wide recognition and who can get peoples' attention, to overcome the masses who blindly pull the "D" lever without paying attention. Bob Ehrlich comes to mind, but he and others would see it as a step down from ex-Governor to AG. Need somebody with the same gravitas, though.

So why doesnt someone qualified from this forum step up and oppose him. I'm sure that person would have an immediate group of supporters from MD NRA, MD Shooters and MSI (too name a few). Name the person and then have them run against Von Frosh in the primary.

Game, Set, Match!

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I don't have a dog in this fight (see what I did there? :)) but frankly any controversial legislation that gums up the works now is good for hurting 281. We need to run out the clock like we did last year on bad Frosch legislation. We got an assist last year due to the gambling and taxes/budget arguments. I'd suggest when not lobbying them on 2A, that you also flood their offices with comments on the gas tax raises, the dog stuff, death penalty, wind farms, etc.

Keep them busy across the board; it works in our favor.

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    So why doesnt someone qualified from this forum step up and oppose him. I'm sure that person would have an immediate group of supporters from MD NRA, MD Shooters and MSI (too name a few). Name the person and then have them run against Von Frosh in the primary.

Game, Set, Match!

If we are serious about this, we should be organizing now. Filing deadlines for State Senate are June or July 2014. You have have lived in the district for six months to qualify and you have to present signatures to get your name on the primary ballot -- registered voters in that district, I forget how many but I think it's in the neighborhood of 1000 for a state senate seat.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    14047_10151435877724869_1642329970_n.jpg

He is a backstabbing piece of sh*t. This picture is of Frosh taking a tour of BARCS where 75% of the dogs found as strays and surrendered are Pit-mixes. When the legislation when through last time, there were hundreds of dogs surrendered because the landlords told the tenants "it's the dog or you". This led to dozens of dogs DAILY being euthanized. I rescued one or two literally moments before they were going to be put down. This is a bunch of sh*t.

This is the 1st dog I rescued and he is not a great addition to a family with an 8 year old boy, 11 year old girl and mom that weighs all of 90lbs. He even tried to run with their horses and does not even try to retaliate when the horses give him a swift kick.
    209812_10151237864775719_1455685929_o.jpg

I think I see our next AG. No not him, that wonderful dog.

Make up cards with that picture. Hello my name is ......FROSH WANTS ME DEAD DO YOU ? I am new to politics but I am running for AG. No, not really but somebody needs to stop him....

Details on his record will be in the back..

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    I heard on WMAL this morning that there is talk in the MD Senate to allow illegal aliens to once again obtain MD drivers licenses and they would be able renew them as well. Would this go before Frosh as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom