• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Short:

Just replaced the factory trigger on my Glocks with ones from Glockworx (Duty version - basically the non-adjustable version of the Fulcrum.) Now I love my Glocks like never before. Expensive for what it is, but totally changed my shooting for the better.

Long:

I grew up shooting 1911's and loved the trigger. Since then, I've shot mostly DA/SA 9mm's. The most recent was the Sig Sauer P226. I really appreciated the trigger on it, but I did not like the heft or how large the grips were. I shot it fine, but I felt like I was settling on something because everyone else loved it.

I never liked Glocks because I did not like their looks or that trigger. Especially that trigger. The thin safety latch always dug into my finger, and after a 100 rounds or so, my delicate trigger finger would sting a little, and several well worn grooves would form on my finger tip. Unlike many others, my problem wasn't the trigger pull, it was the trigger shape and safety itself.

But Glocks just fit my hand well, and they were very practical for what I wanted in a handgun. Eventually, I got over the looks. And I thought I could just learn to get used to the trigger feel too. So I went out and got a couple of Gen 4 19's.

I got good at shooting them. My small hands and the new smaller grips (didn't add the additional backstraps) just fit so perfectly. But that trigger still bothered me, and after any prolonged dry firing session or 100 or more rounds at the range, I just didn't want to shoot anymore.

I had enough and decided to try a new trigger out. After doing some research, I though I found a trigger shape that I wanted from Glockworx. The trigger was aluminum, and wide and flat. The safety was also wide and would become flush with the trigger as it was engaged. I zero'd in on the Duty version because I didn't want to mess around with adjustable triggers - I want to keep my guns simple. I picked the LE version over the Tactical version because I wanted to keep the same pre and post travel that I got used to. Since I wanted to keep the same pull weight, I opted for the just the trigger, and not the whole drop in kit. It also kept the price down, even though I still thought it was a hefty sum to pay for something so small and simple...

Installation was a snap. Remove pins, remove locking block, etc. Remove trigger group, wedge out the connector bar, expose trigger spring, and disconnect the existing trigger. Connect Glockworx trigger and reassemble. Don't forget to play the slide catch wiggle game to get the trigger pin to get back in smoothly.

I held off on swapping out the trigger on one of them so I could do a back to back comparison at the range. Shot 25 rounds through each. It could be placebo, but I shot the Glockworx version better. The trigger not only did not offend my trigger finger, the pull itself was much smoother. Comparing the trigger bars, the Glockworx one had a smaller and smoother bump (don't know the actual name of it...) The trigger pull had the usual take up, and then some resistance, and then bang. Love it. I went though another 150 rounds in the Glockworx trigger'd 19 to make sure it functioned like a Glock. No problems what so ever. Almost as important, my trigger finger was happy and I was sad to not bring more ammo. As soon as I cleaned the guns, I replaced the factory trigger on the one as fast as I could.

Anyways, if you were like me and wanted to love Glocks but couldn't love the trigger, I highly recommend you look for an aftermarket one. The Glockworx one was pricey, but damn, I think it was well worth it.

Cheers.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Couldn't agree more...they look great too.

Glockworx_Stainless2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom