Shotgun fell off the rack at trap range. Scratch on barrel, gouge on stock. Repair?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    I'm devastated that my beauty got some damage on it. I don't even know how it fell. I already ordered some gun blue, but then I noticed the stock had some damage too, like a little gouge mark where it fell on a rock or something. Is this the kind of thing a gunsmith can possibly fix a little? What kind of price? If so, who do you recommend in the Montgomery County area?

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Gunsmith can fix it, best bet(s) are Engage Armament, Scott's Gunsmithing and Blue Fins in Dundalk.

Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    I had the something similar happen to my CZ Redhead O/U. In my case only the stock got a few nicks but it still irritated me. I never fixed it but now I wish I did since I'm thinking about selling it. I'm sure it'll hurt the resale a little.

bob finger

Jul 24, 2016
    If it is $50k Perazzi then yes cry a bit. Otherwise look at the marks as character builders for the gun. Is it any worse than when broken clays rain down on it?

I shot my Perazzi in skeet for years. Finally had it restocked and reblued so it looked pretty good again. Never did shoot as well as before I did the work as I was worried about messing up a pretty gun. They are just tools. bob

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    While we try to not abuse our guns, do you want to save it in the safe NIB as an investment for your kids, or to actually use it ? If so , minor boo-boo happens.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    While we try to not abuse our guns, do you want to save it in the safe NIB as an investment for your kids, or to actually use it ? If so , minor boo-boo happens.

Yeah, probably an overreaction by me but I've always been very anal about keeping my guns in great condition. This is the first time I can recall where there's been some damage due to my own user error and it's one of the most expensive guns I've bought (Beretta Silver Pigeon) and it's just such a freaking good looking gun.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    JacK Bart used to have a great stock guy (like 25-30 years ago). My Dad has his brand new Browning Special Sporting Clays get knocked out of a rack the first time he took it out (Like hadn't fired it yet new). Left a half moon shaped dent about a 1/4" deep about an 1" long. When we got it back, the line (no dent) looked like part of the grain. I could hand you that gun (yes, he still has it) and you wouldn't be able to find the damage.

smg1231

Dec 15, 2012
    Ellicott City
    If the stock dings are shallow, you can steam them out yourself. There are some youtube videos and articles on how to do it.

If it really really bothers you Cole Gunsmithing (www.colegun.com) sells replacement stock sets.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Yeah, probably an overreaction by me but I've always been very anal about keeping my guns in great condition. This is the first time I can recall where there's been some damage due to my own user error and it's one of the most expensive guns I've bought (Beretta Silver Pigeon) and it's just such a freaking good looking gun.

Ahh, that is a nice looking shotgun.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I'm devastated that my beauty got some damage on it. I don't even know how it fell. I already ordered some gun blue, but then I noticed the stock had some damage too, like a little gouge mark where it fell on a rock or something. Is this the kind of thing a gunsmith can possibly fix a little? What kind of price? If so, who do you recommend in the Montgomery County area?
    you can look for a furniture repair company ask if they due acrylic burn in repairs. this should work unless the finish on the stock is mate the acrylic repair has a shine to it after its complete

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom