• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Lots of great history and details on AR-10.

The Brownells BRN-10 retro AR-10 reproduction - Forgotten weapons

ironically... the first AR-10 was made in Hollywood, CA. CA gave birth to the AR at Armalites factory. How ironic is that?

How about that ungodly muzzle device?

I want a Cuban AR-10!!

Charging handle on the top under the carry handle- things you learn on a rainy Sunday!

barr321

Inaccurately accurate
    Sep 22, 2018
    Hmm very interesting placement on the charging handle. I feel like the only issue with that would be if you’re wearing gloves.

barr321

Inaccurately accurate
    Sep 22, 2018
    I want to get into AR10s. That would be awesome to get. Love that the retro rifles are gaining popularity.

If they’d come in a solid black I’d definitely get one. I personally don’t like the contrast between the black and brown, but I guess then it wouldn’t look as retro.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    I don't know...it seems like Stoner went with the current charging handle for a reason. I get the novelty, but I'm not a fan.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I don't know...it seems like Stoner went with the current charging handle for a reason. I get the novelty, but I'm not a fan.

Not am I, but the point was to be true to the original. A modern AR-10/SR25/AR308 is a MASSIVELY better rifle than a Garand.

But I still F-ing love my Garand.

If I wanted a retro rifle, this would be what I’d get.

Me personally, I am finally building my first AR-10 (DPMS pattern/Aeroprecision). Maybe eventually I will get a retro. I’d go retro AR-15 first though (sadly with an HBAR. Damn Maryland).

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Not am I, but the point was to be true to the original. A modern AR-10/SR25/AR308 is a MASSIVELY better rifle than a Garand.

But I still F-ing love my Garand.

If I wanted a retro rifle, this would be what I’d get.

Me personally, I am finally building my first AR-10 (DPMS pattern/Aeroprecision). Maybe eventually I will get a retro. I’d go retro AR-15 first though (sadly with an HBAR. Damn Maryland).

I agree - but to build your own AR10 you will spend about as mush as you would for this rifle. I guess it's a matter of preference.

Christmas is coming!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I agree - but to build your own AR10 you will spend about as mush as you would for this rifle. I guess it's a matter of preference.

Christmas is coming!

Or less. So far I am about $500 deep on my AR-10 build. I still need a handguard, Barrel, gas tube and gas block. With what I am looking at I am expecting to pay maybe $300 more for those parts.

At some point I will get a nicer stock and optics, but for now I am reusing the left over M4 stock I have and either a set of BUIS I have or a TRS-25 I have collecting dust. I’ll probably drop $300 on scope and rings later.

But if you want retro, this is a very nice option and hard to be as authentic getting your own parts for the build.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    This design appeals to me a lot. However, one aspect I don't like is that the newer plastic furniture doesn't look like the old-school bakelite material from the original design. That's one of the truly distinguishing features of the original AR-10 rifles. The new plastic just doesn't look "right".

JoeR

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom