• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Again, that would be a business decision/risk YOU would need to take on, not the homeowners job to ask for green cards.

I’m not singling you out, as many many people feel like you do. It’s this type of attitude, prevalent in this country, that has our country spiraling down the toilet.

I have been guilty of this as well, having hired landscapers that I’m pretty sure were illegals. After thinking about it a few years later, I came to the conclusion that I’d rather pay more than to help the country go in the shitter. Let a hardworking American do my lawn. I’m not contributing to the illegals pouring over the border anymore.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    He said that the state did not process his renewal, so his license expired. Again, maybe he did underbid who knows.

I just want this roof fixed. No one will match it? Or at least consider matching it?

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    No Reaching going on.
    Someone posted that legitimate contractors are crooks, because he got a roof done for 8K less from an unlicensed, uninsured, non tax paying hack.

And yes, the property owner WILL be sued if a contractors helper is injured/killed and there is no workers comp. In fact the property owner will be named in the suit 100% of the time to get at his "property insurance"

He underbid. As posted, waiting for the actual hard copy os meaningless. If he paid for the license and fulfilled all the other requirements, he's free to commence contracting.

As for the other stuff posted here, some real reaching going on. How did unlicensed translate to no insurance and tax evasion? Also no, you are no liable if a contractor gets hurt on your property unless you play a part in it. A contractor is termed an invitee.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Again, that would be a business decision/risk YOU would need to take on, not the homeowners job to ask for green cards.

It wouldnt be just my risk. For you to get the cheapest price, you the homeowner are also inquiring risk. What is the 1st thing GAF will ask? Was it a licensed contractor? If not, NO warranty at all. Whos gonna fix it 2 yrs from now when there is a leak? I guess you could always use the left over money to pay for the repair if needed.

Not everybody looks for the cheapest. If so, everyone would own a Toyota Yaris L Hatchback (Cheapest cars on the market right now) and there would be no market for Porsche, Lincoln, Cadillac, Lexus, Benz, etc.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    It wouldnt be just my risk. For you to get the cheapest price, you the homeowner are also inquiring risk. What is the 1st thing GAF will ask? Was it a licensed contractor? If not, NO warranty at all. Whos gonna fix it 2 yrs from now when there is a leak? I guess you could always use the left over money to pay for the repair if needed.

Not everybody looks for the cheapest. If so, everyone would own a Toyota Yaris L Hatchback (Cheapest cars on the market right now) and there would be no market for Porsche, Lincoln, Cadillac, Lexus, Benz, etc.

That's not necessarily true. In Maryland, you don't need a contractor's license to build a new home. Crazy huh?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Now for the most important question,,, does anyone have a Ruger 96/22 for sale??

I know a guy who has one for a hell of a good deal. But, his store front looks a bit dodgy and I'm not sure if he is really a licensed FFL or not.

I've done business with him before and have always been happy. But, I wouldn't feel right about giving his name out to anyone I don't know.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Another easy one.

That rifle can be transferred FTF, no "license" needed. Really grasping for butthurt straws because not everyone allows themselves to be smoked by contractors.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I don't get the butt hurt either...to each their own I guess.

OP I'm of no help but hope you get your roof fixed soon and doesn't cost an arm and a leg

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    did they finish installing the screws

Over 4K of them.

Try as we may, I'm not going to feel bad about keeping my money in my pocket and being satisfied with the job.

Guy posts a picture of what appears to be a ~4 square job and no one thinks to mention how it's ludicrous he was quoted $8K?

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    If it is a commercial building the MHIC doesn't have any say over that anyhow - only occupied residential construction..

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    well that's a huge dif.

Yes, I spoke directly with AB Martin, why should I pay a premium for him to float the money for 3 days? Plus, if he flakes day one I have 100% of my material on site, no loss to me at that point.

If it is a commercial building the MHIC doesn't have any say over that anyhow - only occupied residential construction..

Whoops..... it's a FULLY Commercial property, M2 Heavy Industrial/Manufacturing zoning. Looky there, we've sure wasted some time on this topic!:rolleyes:

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

Attachments

• e37.png
      e37.png
      4.7 KB · Views: 207

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    OP, what are you needing replaced, the entire roof or the first floor bump out and patio roof?

Just that first floor addition and patio roof. It's a total replacement due to the damage to the underboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom