• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Looking to buy a RAM Promaster. Will likely need to order. Have option list required and don't need financing. I'm near Burtonsville MD. It's been two weeks and can't get DARCARS or Fred Frederick to give me a quote. You'd think they didn't want to sell vehicles.

Clif

Dec 3, 2012
    Try Ourisman Dodge in Clarksvile. They were very responsive with me and gave me a pretty good price on a Ram I ordered last year.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Try Franklin Teos at Farrish in Fairfax. I bought my wrangler there all the way from Clarksburg, WV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Thanks all. Bought one about a week ago. Ourisman in Clarksville was BY FAR the most helpful and responsive out of the gate but someone else had the vehicle in stock. Found the only silver one w/ most of the options I wanted in the whole country. (Wife veto'd white which cuts availability by at least a factor of 10.) Trick w/ the RAM promaster (or the Ford Transit) is to go straight to the commercial sales managers. Seems the regular people simply can't access much of the commercial targeted stuff? Once I got in touch w/ the fleet sales people progress was rapid.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Thanks all. Bought one about a week ago. Ourisman in Clarksville was BY FAR the most helpful and responsive out of the gate but someone else had the vehicle in stock. Found the only silver one w/ most of the options I wanted in the whole country. (Wife veto'd white which cuts availability by at least a factor of 10.) Trick w/ the RAM promaster (or the Ford Transit) is to go straight to the commercial sales managers. Seems the regular people simply can't access much of the commercial targeted stuff? Once I got in touch w/ the fleet sales people progress was rapid.

Ah, I assumed you were already in touch with the fleet folks. Fleet sales are all numbers and no frills. Very much a cut to the chase type of person who caters to those who already know what they want. I’ve had employees buy personal vehicles through the same fleet person (Wendi) who I worked with for our new trucks in AZ and NV.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    You'd think when you call or walk in for one of these vehicles thet's who they'd hand you off to. Some apparently aren't that bright.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    You'd think when you call or walk in for one of these vehicles thet's who they'd hand you off to. Some apparently aren't that bright.

It's been my outsider view that the floor sales and fleet sales are basically enemies working within the same team. Floor doesn't talk to fleet, and fleet looks down on floor. But they're all on the same team putting money into the same bank account.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I may be hijacking the tread here, but I'm looking for something to replace my Ford E350 Van with the 6.8 V10. The new vans don't tow that much, and I need at least 10K towing for a trailer. Only GM appears to make the van anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom