• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kyserthehun

Jul 24, 2016
    Might as well post as well. Currently work for a MSP in Jessup for the past 5 years. Great place, love my job, but would prefer something closer to Middle River/Whitemarsh, the commute is pretty awful.

I've been in IT for the past ~10 years. Currently handle software and hardware implementation (Doc Mgmt, PaperCut, Sharp Copiers, HP Printers) for outside organizations.

Went to Towson, no certs (I really should get some!) but they're in the plans!

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    I know some people at Parsons that's headquartered in Pasadena, CA. My contacts are in their government services business segment. Aviation equipment (not airplanes) related work (FAA). You must submit for and pass a background check. They are also activity seeking ex military.

They are usually looking for mechanical, civil, electronics/electrical engineers and technicians to do electronic installation work and to oversee subcontractors for construction work all over the US, Puerto Rico, etc. Most of the jobs are near 100% travel (per diem paid). They may also have the occasional management job but they prefer to promote from within for those unless you have specific relevant experience.

There are offices in
    Boston, MA (north of the city)
    Jamaica. NY (JFK-ish area)
    Egg Harbor, NJ (Atlantic City)
    Wash DC (L'Enfant Plaza)
    Atlanta, GA
    Chicago. IL (ORD/O'Hare Lakes area)
    Kansas City, in KS across the river from MO
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Fort Worth, TX
    Anchorage, AK
    Des Moines, WA (south of Sea Tac i.e., Seattle)
    El Segundo, CA (Los Angeles)

https://mycareer.parsons.com/

After you look at the site, PM me if you have questions.

PocomokePete

Jan 6, 2019
    Home repairs and improvement

Former North America regional VP data center production for biggest bank in the world. After 24 dedicated years, they’ve changed their data center location strategy, and eliminated my position.

Moved to Pocomoke last year and still searching for FT position that is challenging, rewarding and within an hours drive.

In the meantime, fell back onto my 20+ years experience framing homes, carpentry, building or improving decks, light plumbing and electrical and professional painting. 30+ years automotive repair.
    I also do tree work and stump grinding!

Extremely professional, honest and reliable I’ve been enjoying making my own hours and helping people save money by hiring me instead of expensive contractors. No job too small! References galore...

I can repair or improve just about anything related to homes or autos and my rates are MUCH better because I have very little overhead.

If you need work done along the Eastern Shore, give me a call at (302)233-5725, dskratz@comcast.net or drop me a msg here.

I take pride in every job, am a perfectionist and strive to deliver quality and integrity on EVERY JOB.

I also regularly have been hired to fix other contractors shortfalls or messes, which is more common than you may believe.

Hire the right person for the job the first time, and avoid the added costs and aggravations!

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I'm looking for a job. I've worked in iron work fabricating,painting and delivering oxy/acet to job sites,
    At a closet factory(operating beam saws and edge banders as well as a fork lift operator. Installing the closets in customers homes. Worked in a custom pool cue warehouse/shop (Joss cues) staining, then finishing the cues for wet sanding and buffing. As well as repairing older cues for customers.
    USMC anti terrorist unit from 92-95. And as a filler when my son was too young to bee alone, I did overnight stock at a Shop Rite/Kleins grocery store to be at home while my boy was at school or days off of school.

Desperately seeking work as I may be forced to find a new residence as the house I am in now may be going on the market without much notice. Being laid up with perferated intenstines/diverticulosis hasn't helped at all either.

Thanks for the place to put this down

provvv

Jan 29, 2017
    Baltimore County
    Hi,

I'm currently laid off. Right now, I am doing work for my friend remotely. He repairs appliances. I take all his calls and I do his scheduling, customer correspondence, monitor his reviews and pretty much anything else I can do remotley as an assistant to the owner. If you are looking for someone to do admin work for you, or answers your phones for you, I'm your guy. I can also monitor your online review and correspondence with customer or potential leads. I can't guarantee it will last forever, but I can definitely do it for the next few months or more and weekends are almost guaranteed for the long run. However, if you do appliance repair in the market my friend does, (New England) then I would not be able to help you, as that would be a conflict of interest.

I have a bachelor's degree from a large university in DC. I have moved around a lot which is why I'm in limbo right now.

If you do something like electrical work, HVAC, contractor, plumbing, carpet cleaning, painting, car detailing, handyman, haircutting, work then I'm your guy. Additionally, I don't just work with trades. My previous career was as an executive assistant to an executive director to a large trade association and member associate. I have experience with the largest trade shows in North America (CES and NAB), managing large events, member correspondence, researching and recommending new softwares which have the best ROI, talent acquisition, and organizing C-level board meetings while also taking meeting minutes.

I am very quick with learning new software but if you aren't currently using one and you're a one-man show - I can suggest a an online cloud software which two companies I have worked for used. It's great for cloud based invoicing, scheduling, and things like texting your customer when on the way.

I mean, hey, if I get enough jobs like this, then maybe I won't even bother looking for a job in my other career.

You can email me at freeplease @ gmail .com (that's an email I made in college - I don't want to put my regular email as it has identifying information. But if you email me, I will be sure to respond with my personal email.).

Thanks!

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Toss my name on this thread again...

Seeking new opportunities. 2013 graduate with a MechE degree. Last 4 years spent in a design engineering role on large hydraulic mining equipment.

Company is changing for the worse. Love my job but love my house more.

Ovid

Nov 19, 2011
    Reisterstown
    In the market for a new employer as well. The current situation doesn't have me super hopeful but hopefully something's out there, my current job has dried up drastically as of late.

I'm currently self-employed as a web developer, hosting provider, and DMCA/copyright agent. Unfortunately, it's not covering my bills anymore.

I have experience in retail sales, construction (demo), automotive repair/service, computer repair/builds, remote tech support, customer service, web design/development, graphic design, consulting and copyright enforcement.

I picked up a few certifications (expired currently) for a previous employer that ended up not going through with an expansion. No actual experience other than training/certification for the following.

HAZWOPER, HAZWOPER Supervisor, NSC First Aid, NSC CPR, IICRC Water Damage Restoration.

I'm a pretty quick learner, and am open to new fields. Please shoot me a PM and I can provide my resume/contact info!

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Toss my name on this thread again...

Seeking new opportunities. 2013 graduate with a MechE degree. Last 4 years spent in a design engineering role on large hydraulic mining equipment.

Company is changing for the worse. Love my job but love my house more.

Gonna bump myself some. Always looking.

Still working at the same place only since October of 2019 I've been running out manufacturing operations. Machine shop, weld shop, assembly etc. Gaining invaluable managerial experience every day.

I'll ask the member here who I work with not to call HR on me!

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    Summer Job

My Daughter is coming home after her first year of college as an architecture student and needs a summer job. Unfortunately, she doesn't have wheels yet so, anchored to her mom's place in Bethesda or mine in Kensington and accessible by bus/train or remote. While an architecture related gig would be great, she mainly needs to earn money. Besides basic architecture: I know she uses Rhino. She's also a musician: Cello, Jazz/Classical Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    I'm gonna throw this out here.

My company is having a bear of a time finding people who can do home improvements. Our backlog is getting to unacceptable levels - way too backed up. Really need carpenter types. Cutting and pasting an ad we've been running of late.

All Skill Levels needed ASAP.
    Familiar with doing cabinets, finishing work, general carpentry?
    Or have you done Basement Waterproofing and Foundation Repair?
    Or pavers, patios, outdoor living?
    Or have the aptitude and want to learn a career?
    Are you a Self Starter, experienced that can work without supervision and can lead.

Allmaster Home Services is a local home improvement company that services Baltimore, Baltimore Co, PG, AA, Montgomery and parts of Howard Counties.
    This is a full-time position with benefits, competitive salary and year round work. We offer competitive pay dependent on experience. Some positions have sign on bonuses! Benefits available.

PM me or email me a resume at Gill@allmasterhs.com and Ill get it to teh right person.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

My company is having a bear of a time finding people who can do home improvements. Our backlog is getting to unacceptable levels - way too backed up. Really need carpenter types. Cutting and pasting an ad we've been running of late.

Are you a Self Starter, experienced that can work without supervision and can lead.

Allmaster Home Services is a local home improvement company that services Baltimore, Baltimore Co, PG, AA, Montgomery and parts of Howard Counties.
    This is a full-time position with benefits, competitive salary and year round work. We offer competitive pay dependent on experience. Some positions have sign on bonuses! Benefits available.

PM me or email me a resume at Gill@allmasterhs.com and Ill get it to teh right person.

@FabsRoman

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

Great opportunity there

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    Hello,
    I'm looking to get a part-time job on the weekends and evenings in the insurance arena. I have my MD State Producer License already for Life & Health just passed the test Friday!!! I live in the Pasadena MD area would like to keep it near home.

Update currently studying or my Property and Casualty Lisc as well.

Linkedin In Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/allen-bunn/

A Quick Resume snapshot.

1. Retired 20yrs Army Infantry/Inteligence
    2. Can Pass anybackground Check.
    3. Reliable and hard charging.
    4. Can pass any drug test.
    5. Have my own reliable vehicle
    6. Have all the required clothing already Suits etc...
    7. Can use MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook....
    8. Great Communication both written and oral communication.
    9. Personable and easy to talk to.

Last edited:

Rats_teeths

Jan 4, 2021
    Hi, EMT by trade, living in Carroll county, my last job stiffed me on my last two checks, currently have a decent job, but my overtime situation to catch up is pretty pathetic. Was supposed to have some hours at my side gig this upcoming Monday and Tuesday only to be told yesterday morning the owner closed up shop and jumped town. I'm really just looking for some odd jobs in area to catch up. I'm free Monday/Tuesday, Sundays the misses looses her mind with me if it's not entirely our together time, so, Sundays possibly but I'd also dig having one less headache.

Thanks everyone

noloader

Jeff Not G
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2022
    Pasadena, MD
    ... my last job stiffed me on my last two checks...
    That's not cool. The State of Maryland is not happy with that type of behavior. I would contact the Attorney General's Office about it.

Also contact the Maryland Court Help Centers at District Court. They will tell you how to file a complaint. Once you write your complaint, share it with the Help Center for feedback. They will be looking for specific elements to ensure the complaint survives basic scrutiny.

It costs about $35 to file the complaint. You can even ask the Court to waive the fee if you don't have the money.

You will likely receive treble (triple) damages. Be sure to ask for it in your complaint.

GiveMeABreak

Aug 14, 2020
    I'm an engineering student with experience in fire arms, automotive, and retail. I currently work at walmart in the sporting goods and automotive department. I'm looking for an engineering internship, or something in the firearms or automotive field that would want mostly weekend out through some week days probably part time.
    If you are an Engineering student, wouldn’t you want to intern at an engineering company. Many defense companies around the area are alway looking for qualified interns. Have you applied?

Last edited:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    My company is always hiring. We are a CDMO that makes biologics/drugs. We hire a wide range of people from warehouse, to lead scientists. If you are interested shoot me a PM.

1694032109170.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom