• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    I've only shot two matches so far, but if you've done a few, i might have a few questions for you....

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    think it's a serious hike for you, but peacemaker above winchester and below hagerstown has a belly match (long range challenge) most months and also a day most months where you can have fun on their frontier range that goes out to 1200yds. they're having a precision rifle match there next weekend (18th & 19th). good chance to some really good shooters (myself not included...). and if you have some free time, think they still need RO's who shoot thur and fri and then run stages sat & sun (hotel included if needed).

just like most shooting sports, you can also dry fire. use your deck rail (top and bottom), garbage can, chair seat and backrest, car hood, roof and trunk, etc to make shooting positions as stable as you can.

check out geissele gas gun series. having a match this sunday in gap, pa. they go back and forth between two clubs/ranges. bolt guns are allowed but of course a little slower.

tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    Peacemaker can kiss my ass.....I actually did have a membership there that I let expire in June....a month after I joined last year, i sent them a message basically saying I had issues come up at home and needed to cancel my membership and if they could atleast refund part of my fees, they said no, but they would take me off the member list.....

But yea, it was a 2hr drive for me anyway......i do know guys that shoot matches there, they are pretty good shots...

tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    Peacemaker can kiss my ass.....I actually did have a membership there that I let expire in June....a month after I joined last year, i sent them a message basically saying I had issues come up at home and needed to cancel my membership and if they could atleast refund part of my fees, they said no, but they would take me off the member list.....

But yea, it was a 2hr drive for me anyway......i do know guys that shoot matches there, they are pretty good shots...

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    I've been to Peacemaker once for a Lapua Rimfire match and it was a TON of fun. I want to try a PRS match pretty badly lol.

Smackin steel at 300yrds (consistently) with a .22lr is invigorating! :D

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I've been to Peacemaker once for a Lapua Rimfire match and it was a TON of fun. I want to try a PRS match pretty badly lol.

Smackin steel at 300yrds (consistently) with a .22lr is invigorating! :D

Might need to try that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    think it's a serious hike for you, but peacemaker above winchester and below hagerstown has a belly match (long range challenge) most months and also a day most months where you can have fun on their frontier range that goes out to 1200yds. they're having a precision rifle match there next weekend (18th & 19th). good chance to some really good shooters (myself not included...). and if you have some free time, think they still need RO's who shoot thur and fri and then run stages sat & sun (hotel included if needed).

just like most shooting sports, you can also dry fire. use your deck rail (top and bottom), garbage can, chair seat and backrest, car hood, roof and trunk, etc to make shooting positions as stable as you can.

check out geissele gas gun series. having a match this sunday in gap, pa. they go back and forth between two clubs/ranges. bolt guns are allowed but of course a little slower.
    Are these monthly “belly matches” and 1,200 yard fun days open to the public (non-members)?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Are these monthly “belly matches” and 1,200 yard fun days open to the public (non-members)?

yeah every match they do is open to the general public. non-members just pay extra, they tell you how much extra on their registration pages.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    yeah every match they do is open to the general public. non-members just pay extra, they tell you how much extra on their registration pages.
    Thx :thumbsup:

Any chance you can show up “game day” and get in, or are these registrations closed way in advance?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Thx :thumbsup:

Any chance you can show up “game day” and get in, or are these registrations closed way in advance?

they usually use practiscore (www.practiscore.com) for registration. when you go to the signup page, it shows how many slots are still available. so you have the ability to wait until it starts getting full before committing (non-refundable entry fee). IF on that friday afternoon/evening it isn't full, there is a decent chance you can show up on game day, pay and shoot, but no guarantees, as it may fill up after you check, or other walk-ins may beat you there.

tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    This was the first stage at the last match I shot in.......2 shots from the back seat at one plate at just over 300 yards and another plate at 611 yards.....get out, move to the roof, repeat targets, move to the hood and repeat...

Attachments

• IMG_5805.jpg
      IMG_5805.jpg
      60.5 KB · Views: 153

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    This was the first stage at the last match I shot in.......2 shots from the back seat at one plate at just over 300 yards and another plate at 611 yards.....get out, move to the roof, repeat targets, move to the hood and repeat...

where was that, looks like fun? last one i did (down in carolina) we shot off the hood, then the roof (not tall enough to stand, and as a lefty had my left foot on the driver's door armrest and right foot on the frame below the seat, then moved to shooting off the trunk.

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    If you are looking to target shoot form 100 to 600 I go to Alexander Sporting Farms in Galena never have any issues since I have been a member I'm usually the only guy on the weekends in the mornings before 11.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Check out the Mason-Dixon Sniper series. Part of the series is run at Mayberry and they also run a precision .22LR matches that follow a similar format.

They also have the champions of this year's Camp Perry "vintage sniper rifle match" competitors.

Eoddave

Aug 9, 2018
    PRS

I shoot PRS and live right up the road from you in Bel Air. I have a few friends with farms that let me shoot on their land. The issue is I can only shoot when either the corn is down or the hay has just been cut. Both of these run out to about 600 yards. I just met another guy who has a 900 yard range set up that I plan to shot with as well. The problem is arranging a time to shoot. I typically shoot every week so I may get membership at Alexander's Sporting Farm so I can shoot anytime I want. It only goes out to 600 yards but that is a lot better than 100. I can get on Bridgeville and Quantico also but both of those are quite a hike for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom